10. King 0-0

Word Count: 6580

Warnings: swearing, fluff, idiocy, damaged property, and Tony Stark

"What do you mean there's only one?!"

"Exactly that! There's only one, and it's eight grand!"

"How can the entire internet platform for the whole planet only have one available Pong machine?"

"Because it's an arcade cabinet that was made in 1972! They've built smaller, more affordable, better working machines since then!"

"Well, I don't want that shit, I want my game back!"

"And you think I don't?!"

Peter groaned and leaned his head on your shoulder, rubbing his eyes. He had decided to bring the Pong machine to the Mansion and store it in the game room so that he didn't have to go home to play it, but when the Mansion blew up... the game did too.

You had been slowly building your video game collection back up (because along with the Pong machine, literally all of your gaming systems and games had gone with it), but it was getting harder and harder. Granted, it had taken you and Peter almost ten years to build up the games that you had, and you did your very best to make a list of all the games you had by memory, but you were certain you were missing some, and others were just impossible to find.

"What if I just find a version for it on the Atari?" You knew that wasn't going to fly by - for the both of you, if you were honest - but you had to at least try.

He groaned again. "That's not the same, though."

You sighed, lifting your hand up to gently pull some of his hair out of his face. "I know." You continued scrolling through every website, illegal and not illegal, still managing to come up with absolute bupkis.

"Okay..." you sighed. "Does it have to be Pong? Maybe we can get Mortal Kombat or Centipede or... what about Galaga?"

"I guess." He frowned again and you smiled sadly, kissing his temple. "I know it's stupid, but I really want that game."

"It's not stupid," you encouraged but frowned when he stood up with a sigh and walked out of the room. Scowling back down at your (new) laptop, you pressed the back button to take you to Google so you could keep looking, and sighed.

The next few days were the same, and there wasn't much to report. You had checked every website daily, trying to see if there were any updates, and coming up with zilch. There was absolutely nothing, and you were beginning to lose hope.

Lose hope, that was, until one fateful day, when on the weirdass fake Facebook account you made had an ad for someone in the middle of goddamn nowhere popped up, showing off the broken, old, glorious Pong machine. You jumped so hard with excitement when you saw it that you dropped the brand new laptop on the ground and gave a nice, large crack to the corner of the screen.

You were too excited to care, though, because you bolted out of the room with a large grin on your face as you started searching for Peter. Racing down the stairs you bolted in and out of rooms, sighing with everyone you entered and couldn't find him in, though you didn't let that excitement hinder.

You checked the kitchen, dining room, game room, T.V. room, and continually kept coming up short, so you stepped outside, only stopping when you noticed that he was sitting in the middle of the field with Lily and a couple of other little girls. Feeling your heart swell, you bit your lip to keep from grinning too wide as Lily continued to put flowers in his hair while he braided Ivory's hair, who was sitting in his lap.