12. Pawn to F6 | Kill Knight

Word Count: 4726

Warnings: swearing, angst, feels, coughcoughimpliedsmutcoughcough, floooooof, ew nasty gross chemistry, and, of course, more idiocy

You were sitting between Kurt and Jean on the patio, reading your book and bouncing your toes along to the music playing in the background as most of the kids in the Mansion were playing a game of basketball on the court.

Peter and Warren had joined one team while Ororo and Scott joined the other, though they were mostly just passing the ball to the other kids. Peter was having a blast pretending to accidentally hit Scott in the head with the ball, ducking from the swings and running to the other side of the court just to make Scott mad.

You smiled as you felt a light vibration on your wrist and looked down at it, watching as the top section of the bracelet you were wearing lit up to a gorgeous cyan blue.

It was your turn to see your family over the Christmas holidays last year after the whole Ultron thing, and you had decided to buy these Bond Touch bracelets for you and Kara. Now, you enjoyed your facetimes with Kara, and if you picked the right time you were able to text her for a while, but it really wasn't enough.

And you didn't want to ask Peter to bring you to the Compound everytime you were missing your family (even though you knew he would in a heartbeat). It was a lot, it wasn't fair to him and his family, you barely had time to do anything because of school (this was the first actual break day you'd had in a week), and it was just a complete mess.

So, you had bought these bracelets and asked Tony to work a little magic on them, so now no matter where either of you were in the world, you would be able to tap the bracelet and the other person would feel it.

It was nice, and it made you a lot happier than you thought it would when you felt the tingle on your wrist because it just let the both of you know that you missed each other. Even though you would fight more than anything whenever you would get together.

And, because both you and Kara grew up in very weird situations, you both knew morse code, so you could send quick messages to each other (and you may or may not have helped her with a couple answers on her tests).

"Hey, Y/N," Kurt called from your right.

You quickly tapped the bracelet, sending a message back, then put your book down and smiled up at him.

"How... vat do I... so... basically... zhere's zis girl, and, um..."

You and Jean both perked up instantly, your bodies turning to face him completely with wide grins plastered over your faces.

Kurt groaned. "Don't look at me like zat!"

Jean laughed, standing up to sit on the leg rests of your lawn chair while you sat up straight. You put your elbow on your knee and gestured for him to continue, not being able to contain your excitement.

"Well come on, spill the beans!"

"Her name is... Amanda-"

You and Jean squealed.

"- Amanda Sefton."

You both squealed again.

"I met her at zee mall a couple veeks ago in zat movie store vee alvays check out, and..."

Jean jumped in her seat. "You've been seeing her everyday?!"

Kurt groaned. "Jeeeeaaaannn-"

"Everyday?!" you gasped. "Kurt that's amazing! Have you asked her out yet?"

Kurt sighed. "No, I... I sink she likes me, but I don't know vat I'm doing." His tail sagged slightly behind him while you and Jean leaned forward with supportive smiles on your faces.