11. Pawn to G5 | Kill Pawn

Age of Ultron (2014)

Word Count: 8907

Warnings: swearing, floof, fighting, blood, stupidity, and more Tony Stark 

It had been just over two months since the commotion of the Mansion explosion, and things were finally starting to calm down, which was nice. It was quiet, you did your schoolwork, and everything was falling back into routine.

"Did I just lose again?"

Lily giggled. "I think so."

"But it's Crazy Eights! The odds are I have to win at least once. How many games have we played?"

"Twenty-two."

"Twenty-two?!"

She giggled again as you groaned and picked up the deck of cards to shuffle them. "Y/N, I think you're cursed. You never ever win at games."

"I might have to agree with you. Okay," you sighed, beginning to deal the cards out again. "How about best twenty-three out of forty-five?"

She pushed some of her blonde hair out of her face and laughed. "Deal."

As you were laying your cards out (and pouting when she played the queen of spades and forced you to pick up five), it seemed that everybody that lived in the Mansion began rushing down the stairs and through the halls to the T.V. room. You and Lily furrowed your eyebrows, glancing at each other.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"I don't know."

You stood up quickly and walked out of the room, holding your hand out behind you until you felt Lily's hand grasp your fingers tightly. After following the crowd through the halls, you entered through the archway and scanned the room.

Your eyes lit up when you saw Jean, and you swiftly made your way over to stand beside her. An uneasy feeling settled in your stomach as her eyebrows were furrowed and she couldn't take her eyes off the screen.

"What's going on?" you whispered to her, looking at the T.V. and reading the news headline: Avengers Battle Robots in Sokovia.

"This robot named Ultron is trying to cause a global extinction or something," she whispered back, and your grip tightened on Lily's hand. "His speech went on about destroying the human and mutant race, and he's starting with the Avengers."

Your eyebrows knit together. "A robot, huh? Where did it come from? Who made it?"

Jean shrugged. "We don't know."

Taking a closer look at the T.V. you could see the tiny silhouette of a flying Tony Stark, and you sighed, internally face-palming. You would bet your life on the fact that your father made that robot. And now it turned against him.

Everyone in the room gasped as a circle started cracking around the city and it began levitating, with buildings crumbling off the edges. As the city rose higher and higher, you glanced over at the other side of the room.

You and Peter made eye contact at the same time, him taking out the lollipop in his mouth and you frowning. You nodded once simultaneously.

"Lily, stay with Jean, okay?"

The girl nodded in response and quickly grasped onto Jean's hand.

Once you were able to push yourself out of the crowd, you turned to start heading up the stairs, though it wasn't even a second later that you found yourself already in your room. You didn't even think twice about it as you rushed over to your dresser and pulled out your (new) suit, then changed into it from your black leggings and white Blondie shirt.