18. Pawn to G3

Word Count: 7574

Warnings: swearing, almost tears, mentions of nightmares, and... I think that's it

"Oh fuck off, how could you not pick a middle-aged man in roller skates?!" you said with a scoff, throwing your hands out while Scott shrugged and did the same.

"Because Kanye West rapping over the sounds of Kanye West is way too perfect of an opportunity to just throw away!"

"But the roller skates, Scott!"

"What sound would that even make?!"

"I don't know, but think of the endless possibilities! You'll have the 'shjjjj' of the roller skates and maybe he's like eating popcorn or some shit-"

"Kanye for the win."

Warren did a little cheer as Scott handed him the black Cards Against Humanity prompt, making you groan and throw your head back. "Why are all games rigged against me?!"

"I think it's 'cause you like losing," Jean quipped as you all picked up another card.

"If I liked losing then do you really think that-"

"Well, why else would you keep playing?!"

"Because think of how amazing it's going to feel when I actually win a game."

Peter smirked from beside you. "You know what else feels good-"

"Shoosh," you interrupted, putting your finger against his lips as he grinned and sent you a sly wink.

"Okay," Ororo sighed, picking up her black card, then laughed as she began reading it out loud. "But before I kill you, Mr. Bond, I must show you blank."

It was about almost midnight, and you and the entire gang were sitting around the round table at the back of the game room, the sounds of each of the arcade games singing behind you with a bowl of Cheetos sitting in the centre. It was a Friday night and you were beyond exhausted, but you had exactly one point compared to everyone else who had a range of four to twelve, and you couldn't end your hot streak now.

Picking up a Cheeto, you popped it into your mouth before placing down your card that said 72 virgins down and sighing.

There were only a couple more science reports that you had to go over and you had to plan your lessons for next week, but considering that it was a late Friday night, you weren't anywhere close to going near that stuff.

You and your friends were having a good time, with multiple instances of bursting out in laughter at some of the answers put down and plenty of arguments against others, but all in all, it was a well-deserved break after a long week.

Well-deserved, however, until your card lost to The amount of baby carrots I can fit up my ass, and you sighed again before you slammed your cards down on the table.

"All right. I need ice cream to be able to handle your bullshit answers."

You glared at Peter as he cockily grabbed the black card and added it to his stack - which was, in fact, the largest of them all - then grabbed his jacket that was hanging on the back of your chair and swung it around your shoulders.

"Anybody else want anything?"

You nodded at the chorus of no's and made to leave, though you paused when Peter grabbed your wrist to pull you back.

"I could use a good luck kiss," he said with a sly grin, and you rolled your eyes.

"Right," you sighed. " 'Luck'. Don't steal from my pile when I'm gone - I'll know."