19. Rook to D1

Word Count: ... gagh... fuck... shit... 10381

Warnings: uhhhh swearing, floof, a little disappointment, a lot of family banter, burned feet, and some more floof

Saturday.

A day of hope. A day of love. A day of intimacy and affection and passion.

It started out like any normal day. The stupid alarm went off at the same stupid time it always did, children ran in and out of your room, jumped up and down on your bed, and, after another playful threat for them to all get out, they all rushed out of the room to go down to eat breakfast while Peter groaned and hid himself under the covers.

After you were able to convince him to give you half an hour for the 'elaborate and magnificent plans' he made but wouldn't tell you, you rushed into the bathroom and got yourself ready. Your only direction for an outfit to wear was nothing too fancy, so you hoped you stuck with that as you chose your clothes.

You then sat yourself down in front of your make-up desk and quickly got to work, deciding that you could just save time by doing your usual routine, then curled/straightened your hair, and you stood up and walked back over to the sink.

Once you put on your deodorant and spritzed on your favourite perfume, you dug through your jewelry box for your tiny diamond studs and clipped them onto your ears, then ran back into your room to grab your boots. You quickly slipped your feet into them and zipped up the back zipper, then took a step back into your mirror to get a good look at yourself.

The blouse you were wearing was all black, with a deep v-neck and spaghetti straps that made an 'x' along the otherwise empty space of the top half of your back, and off the shoulder sleeves that began at your mid upper-arm and flared out in a similar delicate way the bottom portion of the shirt did.

You matched it with a mid-wash pair of denim shorts that stopped just above your mid thigh and were decorated with a few rips, and a pair of black, three inch ankle boots.

After a quick furrow of your eyebrows, you ran back over to the sink and decided to be a little bold by applying a bright red lipstick.

You put the cap back on and reached into your jewelry box to pull out your silver rings, then nodded to yourself when you noticed your silver lariat necklace at the bottom. You smiled softly as you pulled it out and carefully held the little lightning bolt charm that was dangling off the end of it, then carefully turned it around and unclipped it to place it around your neck.

Your last step was to slip your Bond Touch bracelet back onto your wrist and tapped it once out of habit like you did every morning, then stick your phone, your wallet, and a lip gloss into your purse and zip it shut.

Peter came in a few minutes early (as expected), and before you knew it, the both of you were rushing out of your room.

"So where are we going?" you asked hurriedly, closing your door behind you.

"What part of a surprise do you not understand?" he chuckled back, and you grinned as you followed him quickly down the hallway.

"Can I at least get a hint?"

He led you around the corner to start going down the main flight of stairs. "Fine... there's food there."

"That's not a hint, that's bullshit!"

"Okay..." He nodded, jumping down the stairs and turned around suddenly so you bumped into his chest. "Tasty food."

Peter kissed you excitedly before he started pulling you towards the kitchen, then grabbed your keys from the counter and made to walk the other way back towards the foyer. You couldn't help but grin at Peter's giddy expression as he led you down the halls and towards the very front door of the Mansion and swung it open, and just as he went to step out-