17. Queen to F3

Word Count: 5269

Warnings: more angst, more swearing, more tears, more floof, and more stupid Tony Stark

You woke up with a start, panting uncontrollably and looking around the room with wild eyes with your vision still blurry from being in such a panic.

You sat up quickly and tried to gather your surroundings, but you couldn't figure out where you were. The room was spinning and you felt like you were going to hurl - until two hands were placed on each side of your face, making you look into the eyes of the one person who could calm you down in an instant.

You recognized the gentle face that was in front of you, the long silver curls that framed his face and the soft calls of your name from his lips as he did his best to keep you relaxed.

"Wha- what happened? Are you okay? Is everyone else okay? Where's Kara? What about Uncle Steve? Did he get away? A- and-"

"Princess."

You reached up to grab onto his wrists and look into his eyes desperately, but when you saw him slightly raise his eyebrows, you took a deep breath.

With slightly shaky limbs, you buried yourself in Peter's arms and held on tightly. Your mind flashed back to everything that happened, and you squeezed your eyes shut.

The attack. T'Challa. Ant-Man growing. Holding up the building. Vision. Saving Parker. The explosion. Saving Rhodey. The burns on Peter's face.

Slowly, you backed away again to this time hold Peter's head in your hands. You inspected the injuries you had seen and rubbed your thumb lightly over the almost completely healed scar across his cheekbone, then looked back into his eyes.

"Thank you, Peter."

He shrugged and smiled softly. "It's like you said. They're my family, too."

You nodded and wrapped your arms around his shoulders, feeling your eyes flutter shut as he kissed the side of your head.

"Your dad's tried calling a million times," Peter whispered as you both fell back onto the - now recognized - Infirmary bed. "But we just told him you were sleeping. He tried threatening to come here but we were able to convince him to stay home until you were ready to talk."

"How-" Your voice cracked and you cleared your throat, then tried again. "How long was I out?"

Your throat was extremely parched, and Peter handed you the cup of water on the nightstand while he answered.

"A few days. You banged your head up pretty good so you've got a concussion. You're back's got a big bruise but there aren't any major injuries. Um, you've got quite a few cuts on your body from the explosion, but Karamel was able to heal you up pretty good. You're gonna be sore for a while, but I think you're gonna be okay."

"What about you?" You looked up worriedly but were only met with a small smile.

"Nothing too bad." He shrugged. "I carried you home and passed out in the foyer. I think Hank and Warren came to bring us here. My bed's right there, but I woke up yesterday so I don't need it anymore."

"And everyone else?"

"They're all pretty good, thanks to you. Parker and Rhodey also tried calling to thank you. Kara's been calling every two minutes, too."

"And what happened with Uncle Steve?"

Peter frowned. "I... I honestly don't know, but um..."

You sighed and closed your eyes, relishing in his warmth and cuddling in a little closer as you waited for him to explain.