Chapter 12

The next morning

At Metropolis High School, Diana and her friends came in early and sat down to their respective seats.

"I still can't believe that Superman was now framed," Barbara said "I wonder how he will live with that mess?"

"I don't know, but Clark needs to understand that it is his fault for picking a fight with Zero-One and throwing a temper tantrum for not getting the glory," Kara said.

"Kara, do you think you should go and check on your cousin?" Jessica asked.

"Uh, you're kidding right?" Kara replied as Jessica stared at her, with a scowl look "Ugh, fine. But it's not gonna be easy talking to him. He's probably be too stubborn and ranting on hating Zero-One."

Just then, Aruto came in, holding a big stack of papers as he was struggling to hold them.

"Mr. Aruto, do you need help?" Diana asked.

"No, no, I totally got this! I- whoa!" His words falter as he was tripping to the floor, and about to fall down. Diana and her friends rushed and help their teacher up.

"Whoa, thank you!" Aruto sighed in relief "That was a close one."

Karen and Jessica were gathering the piles of paperworks "Mr. Aruto just how many paperworks to do you need to fill out?"

Aruto sighed "A lot. Trust me, when you're a CEO of a high tech company, you tend to have so many paperworks."

Jessica placed them on the desk "So where's your friend Izu?"

"She's doing a quick updated on her system," Aruto said. "She should be anytime sooner."

At that moment, Izu zoomed in front of the classroom, surprise Diana and her friends.

"Like about now," Aruto said and walked towards her "How's the update patch?"

"All of my systems are functional, forgive me if I need to be late," Izu bowed down.

"Don't worry about it, Izu," Aruto said "I know it's important for Humagears to get their systems updated."

Izu nodded as Aruto clapped his hand "Okay, now class is about to start, so take your seats."

Diana and her friends sat down to their respective seats as more students flooded inside including Hal and his friends. After all of them take their seats, Aruto called out.

"Okay, students, we're gonna take roll calls before we can continue working on your projects. We need to make sure that everyone is finished before the competition that's starting in 6 days. Let's see, Diana Prince...."

"Here!"

"Jessica Cruz...."

"Right here!"

"Karen Beecher....."

"Right here!"

"Kara Denvers...."

"Here..."

"Barbara Gordon....."

"Here!"

"Selina Kyle....."

Silence filled as Diana looked at the empty seat that Selina Kyle supposed to be here.

"Okay, absent....." Aruto wrote it down on the board "Harleen Quinzel....."

Again, silence filled the classroom as Barbara looked and noticed that her best friend is missing too.

"Harleen too, huh?" Aruto wrote it down "Pam Isaley...."

Once again, silence filled the classroom as even Jessica was shocked that she wasn't here.