Chapter 6

The next day

Barbara Gordon was sleeping peacefully when her phone set the alarm off. She stretched her arm and yawn. She got out of her bed and grabbed her phone.

"Hey, Oracle, how much time do I have before school?"

'You have approximately 39 minutes before the first bell," her phone replied as she got to the bathroom and brush her teeth. Once she finished brushing, she changed her pajamas to her usual casual attire.

She headed downstairs where Jim Gordon was cooking breakfast.

"Morning ,Dad!"

"Oh, good morning, Barbara. Did you have a good night sleep?" He asked.

"Yeah I did. The medicine you gave me for the injuries helps me," she replied, and pointed to a patch on her cheek.

"Well, I'm glad that it's working well." Jim got his coffee and set plates of bacon, sausage, and eggs on the table. "I still can't believe that Metallo caused it and for you and your friends to get hurt."

"I'm sorry Dad if I made you worried." Barbara apologized to him.

"No, it's not your fault, pumpkin pants. At least the Superhero Girls and Superman did their best to stop him, but I'm truly grateful for the new hero who came just in time to save the day."

"Yeah," Barbara said, remembering the battle against Metallo and Zero-One came in and save the day. But she couldn't help feeling scared of Metallo's new power and his transformation into a Kamen Rider.

After finishing her meal, she got her backpack and headed out.

"Okay, Dad, I'm heading out!"

"Okay, be careful Pumpkin Pants! Love you!" Jim said.

"Love you too!"

Barbara was walking towards the street to the school as she noticed a lot of headlines of Kamen Rider Zero-One were posted on from billboards, to buses, and in the newspapers. Even the news on the radio plays out:

'In other news, the Metropolis Convention Center was closed down due to the attack of Metallo that both Superman and the Superhero Girls fought against him. Then a new hero appeared and defeated Metallo, calling himself, Kamen Rider Zero-One. Could this new hero actually replace Superman and become Metropolis'  newest beloved hero?'

'Never thought I would hear someone would say that. I would be surprised if he actually did replace him.' Barbara thought, and came to the entrance where her friends are waiting for her. While Diana, Karen, and Jessica wave at her, Kara was talking on the phone while Zee was reading the school newspaper. In addition, they also had respective patches and bandages from the battle against Metallo.

"So I'm guessing that Zero-One is getting huge popularity around Metropolis more than Superman and.....us." Barbara lower her head at the last part of her sentence.