Chapter 9

15 minutes before encountering Aruto Hiden at Metropolis Suite Inn

Superman was grumbling with a scowling look, flying around the town of Metropolis for any sign of danger that would give him a chance to get his fame back, but so far no luck.

Ever since Zero-One appeared, people in Metropolis quickly admired him to the point that his fame is faltered to the ground. Even as his alter ego, Clark Kent, at his workplace, The Daily Planet are talking about him and setting up fan clubs. He tried many ways to regain his fame back but resulted in questionable ways that no one is even paying attention. Even when he begs Supergirl to help him get his fame back, she kept ignoring him and told him something that irritated him in his thoughts.

"Listen, Clark, you need to man up and stop acting like a spoiled brat over getting the attention!"

After scouting around, he sat down on the ledge of the building, having a grumpy look.

"A spoiled brat, Kara?! I've saved Metropolis many times and you have the nerve to call me that?!" Superman said to himself, but he sighed to himself.

"Honestly, besides the Superhero Girls and those Invici- whatever, what's make this Zero-One guy special more than me?!"

Just as he about to call in the night, he noticed a motorcycle headed to the Metropolis Suite Inn on the backside. Using his super sight, he saw Zero-One exited out of his motorcycle which it changes shaped into a smartphone. Curious, he flew in behind and witness Zero-One cancel his transformation into Aruto Hiden, much to his surprise.

'I don't believe it. Zero-One is actually Aruto Hiden guy from the Hiden Intelligence I read about in The Daily Planet. Well then, how about I'll give this guy a warning about hogging my glory?' Superman thought with a hint of arrogance and flew behind him.

Now

"Wait, you know who I am?" Aruto asked as Superman scoffed.

"Well yeah, I saw you canceled your transformation when I was patrolling the city," Superman said, crossing his arms.

Aruto rubbed his head "Man, I need to find a better spot to detransform," he turned back to him and asked, "So what do you mean to back off?"

"Like I said, back off! Stop being a hero in Metropolis!" Superman said, which shocked Aruto.

"But why?!" Aruto asked.

"Why?! Simple, because you're not in the league as I am, yet people start to admiring your heroic actions!" The Man of Steel said, got into his face.

"I've been this city's protector for a while, but you came here and start stealing my thunder! So I'm going to ask you this, give up on being a hero!"

However, after a few moments, Aruto glared at Superman and said "No."

This caused Superman to be offended, like a child talking back to authority "Excuse me?!"

"No, Superman. I'm not going to stop being a Kamen Rider just because of your jealousy. I have a duty and a dream to fulfill the moment I became a CEO of Hiden Intelligence and I'm going to see it through," Aruto said, firmly.

This anger The Man of Steel as he said with a hint of selfishness "Fine! Then we will settle this in a hero duel!"

"Eh?! A what now?!"

"A hero duel! It's when we heroes fight to see who can clam the thunder as the protector of Metropolis!" Superman said.

"That's ridiculous! You just made that up!" Aruto said. "I'm not going to fight you!"