feelings that guide us; pt. 1

"It must have been love, but it's over now

"It must have been love, but it's over now." 

It all came fast and felt like a déjà vu like she all saw it before, yet she didn't. Very soon, Aaliyah understood that this was just another vision, that seemed more real than the one before. The places were familiar, the events were familiar, and it terrified her because she knew it didn't happen, but it might. The feeling she had when she watched the vision was the same as the one, she had before she surrendered to Vader so long ago.

Aaliyah wasn't able to listen to reason, to anyone who told her that Vader wanted her to see what might happen to people she loves. That she needed to separate her emotions and common sense. But Aaliyah also needed to accept that her feelings are always going to get the best of her and that's her flaw. Or maybe it's not, depending on a certain point of view.

Therefore, Aaliyah and Oisin quickly fled Dagobah, despite the warnings from master Yoda. Despite his disappointed look, he gave Aaliyah, when she climbed the ladder to the cockpit of the ship. Whatever dread she felt was too strong, the images of her friends in great danger were too vivid to just stay behind and do nothing.

She knew that Oisin was also not keen on her plan but followed her no matter how much every fibre of his body was telling him that it was wrong. That nothing good is going to come out of their mission, in his mind, suicidal mission. The dark-haired man knew better, but couldn't help himself to go with Aaliyah, because deep down he was aware of his feelings and the facts that he would follow her anywhere, no matter the danger awaiting them. Even now, when there is a possibility to come face to face with the Sith Lord he heard so much about. The Sith Lord, who would not waste any time to kill him. The Sith Lord, who felt such hatred to Oisin. Hatred and jealousy. But how was the young, brave man supposed to know what was happening in the twisted mind of the Sith?

The air in the ship was thick, laced with nervousness and anticipation, making it feel like they were running low on oxygen. However close their destination was, it seemed like they were travelling for days, weeks, yet not long enough to make sense of their emotions or to collect their thoughts. There were no words exchanged between them, no conversations, but both of them knew that they might be walking, or flying towards their demise.

None of them seemed to care.

Each having a different reason to have not to care about their own well-being.

Yet both reasons had one thing in common.

One feeling.

Love.

To whom? That was left unspoken, when they neared the beautiful blue planet, Bespin and soon began to land on Cloud City. It almost pained Aaliyah to see such a charming place now veiled in darkness. It didn't even try to hide itself, because the source of this darkness was waiting.