never give up on you

"Be careful of the curse that falls on young lovers

"Be careful of the curse that falls on young lovers. Starts so soft and sweet and turns them to hunters." 

Ahsoka Tano was trying hard not to show the anxiety she felt swirling inside her body, when she was sitting in a conference room, having another meeting. But to be completely honest, she was not listening to a thing that was being discussed. She also could tell, that Obi-Wan sitting next to her could feel the turmoil happening inside the young Togruta. On the other hand, Padme, sitting on the other side of her was as calm as a politician could be even in a time like this.

Everyone important in the fight against the Empire was here, in this very room, deciding what would be their next step in bringing down the evil holding this galaxy hostage. But unlike any other times, when Ahsoka Tano was eagerly listening and participating, this time she was only hearing mumbling of the conversations because her thoughts were elsewhere.

"Ahsoka," she heard from above her and when she looked up, Obi-Wan was standing now, obviously waiting for her. She looked around herself to see that people were slowly emptying the room, which brought great shame to her. She was so swallowed by her thoughts; she didn't even realize the meeting was over. She couldn't even tell what it was about. And her ex master could probably tell that the young Togruta was distracted, hence his tight facial expression.

"Excuse me," Ahsoka said in a small voice.

"What's happening?" asked Obi-Wan in concern despised his disapproval to her actions.

Ahsoka sighed and watched as Padme left the room with another woman, which left the two ex-Jedi alone. "Just had an awful feeling earlier this day. Actually, it was not my feeling, but I've never felt dread like that ever in my life," Ahsoka explained and closed her eyes when the emotion came to the surface once again.

Obi-Wan was quiet for a long time, only watching his young ex-apprentice with sadness flowing in his eyes and Ahsoka could tell one thing for sure, he understood. "You felt it too," said Ahsoka.

"I did," nodded Obi-Wan and turned his back to her before she could read his eyes again. "I have a feeling it was Aaliyah," he explained and touched his beard in a deep concentration.

"Do you think she is in danger?" asked Ahsoka and quickly came in front of him.

Obi-Wan nodded. "She is in great danger since she left the base and decided to be unnecessary hero," said Obi-Wan with an edge to his normally very calm voice.

Ahsoka was immediately met with an instinct to defend her friend. "It was not necessary. She did what she thought she had to do."

"I know, but I would be happier if she came to me first."

Ahsoka sighed again and looked down in shame, knowing that Obi-Wan was blaming her for not stopping Aaliyah or telling him that she left, when she still could have been stopped. "Do you think something happened to her?" Ahsoka asked in hope to change the course of this conversation.