fight and flight

"Everyone a rager, but secretly they're saviors

"Everyone a rager, but secretly they're saviors."

She was sure Anakin was avoiding her. It was days, no it was already weeks since his unexpected confession, and she hasn't seen him once. Aaliyah was also pretty sure this whole time he was not on Mustafar. Yet, he never contacted her any other way. Perhaps, it was a weak moment he now regrets. And somehow, she was brave enough to admit it hurts her.

That's how she found herself at the edge of madness that was coming hand in hand with the isolation. She was hurt and also angry at him, because of his barbaric treatment. How can he possibly just let her rot in here? Going mad and losing the last pieces of her rational mind. But she refused to wallow in self-pity. Hanging on for dear life, she used the force to make herself stable to not fall over the brink of lunacy. It was hard, but not impossible when she had an ally in the force. And she used it as best as she could. 

Sitting with her legs crossed on the cold ground, her hands were resting on her knees, eyes closed, imagining any other surrounding than this suffocating chamber. Somehow, she always found herself on Naboo. The charming green planet was exactly what Aaliyah saw behind her closed eyelids every time she thought about a peaceful place. The green fields, the mountains, hot sun rays, soft sand and beautiful waterfalls.

Her meditation was soon interrupted by a short clicking sound coming from the door. Aaliyah's eyes flew open, but she never turned to the door, only waited. But the noise never came back. It was quiet for a long time until a louder sound rung through the room, and she immediately jumped to her feet, ready to defend herself with her bare hands if it was necessary. Through the hard, thick metal door came a blade of something she would recognize anywhere. A lightsabre. A blue lightsabre.

Her eyes went wide at the sight of the familiar weapon, unable to do anything just wait and see who was trying to get inside her room. But it wasn't too hard to answer.

Very soon the lightsabre cut out a big hole into the door and behind it was none other than Obi-Wan Kenobi in all of his glory. And his eyes were not happy when they found dumbfounded Aaliyah standing in the middle of the room. "Now, we wouldn't have to be doing this, if you were not playing a hero," he scolded her immediately, and if they were in any other situation, she would roll her eyes like many times before when he criticized her actions. But now, she was just so happy to see him, but also very surprised.

"What are you doing here," she asked shocked, unable to move.

"What does it look like," said another voice and head of a Togruta appeared next to Obi-Wan. Ahsoka Tano was slightly smiling, but was looking around to see if they were still alone. "we are trying to save you. Now, if you would hurry up, that would be appreciated," she waved her hand and looked around again.

"Come on, Aaliyah," said Obi-Wan, and Aaliyah slightly furrowed her eyebrows, when after a couple of steps her body stopped moving. She was breathing heavily and something in her heart ached. Why does it fell like a betrayal? It is not, he is keeping her hostage like a caged animal. She had to leave, or else madness is going to be the last of her worries.