first meetings and escaping

"I want you to know, you had me at hello

"I want you to know, you had me at hello. It was many years ago when you stole my cool." 

Aaliyah quickly realized, that finding a pilot was actually the easier part of her mission. Following Oisin through the crowds of people at a fast pace, she was on high alert for stormtroopers lurking the streets. Her eyes scanned people, looking for men in white armor, that could possibly sabotage her plan. But even then, she still had some tricks up her sleeve.

Oisin was from time to time looking over his shoulder to see if Aaliyah was following him, but also being observant, suspecting that her quick departure from Tatooine might have something to do with Imperial troops being here.

Aaliyah stopped in her tracks, when she poking at her mind, telling her something was wrong. Turning around she saw two stormtroopers pointing fingers at her then at Artoo, who was beeping next to her. She had a couple of seconds to decide what to do and three options; fight, flight, or being a Jedi for once.

She turned and saw that Oisin stopped when he realized she is not following. Nodding her head in the direction of the troops, his face darkened, and almost instantly his hand went to blaster on his hip. In three, long steps he was standing beside her, ready to fight. "No. Leave it to me," she said as their eyes met.

"Hey," their short eye contact was interrupted by a sharp voice. "Whose droid is this?" he asked, pointing his gun at Artoo.

Aaliyah pushed her chin up, stepping closer to the stormtrooper. "Mine."

"It's R2 unit, sir, the exact model we are looking for." The other trooper said.

"No, it's not." Said Aaliyah in a calm voice. Her body was filled with a warm feeling when she called on her force, tingling all around her. "This is not the droid you are looking for, gentlemen." She pushed on their minds, but it was way too easy to persuade them.

The hands of both stormtroopers dropped, relaxed and their guns were no longer pointing at them. "These are not the droids we are looking for," said the first trooper and turned around with his mate following behind. With a sight she spins her body to Oisin who facial expression says one thing; he was dumbfounded.

"Let's go, there will be others," Aaliyah said and was glad that Oisin listened without questioning her. She was sure the conversation will come later, but for now, she wanted to be on the ship in safety. Fortunately, it was not far away anymore and with a relaxed sighed she almost dropped to the ground, when the ship's door closed behind them. Adrenalin left her body instantly and it was Artoo's beeping pulling her from her thoughts. "It's ok, Artoo. We are safe," she smiled at him and put a hand on his metallic head. Standing up, she walked into the cockpit, where Oisin was getting ready to take off. "Thanks," she whispered and rubbed her temples, sitting on a co-pilot chair next to him.