tempted by the dark side

"Does it get your blood boiling? Does it make you see red? Do you wanna destroy it? Does it get in your head?" 

Aaliyah was watching every single member of the Rebellion cheering, laughing, and hugging each other. She couldn't help but feel relief herself, she felt happy because the mission was more than successful. The Empire's superweapon was destroyed and most of the squadron came back without a scratch. Her hand was squeezed in between the hands of Padme Amidala, who was clutching to Aaliyah as if she was scared to let her go. The Naboo Senator had a gentle smile on her lips, as she too watched the celebration. The war might not be won, but at least this act will show, that there are still people in the galaxy, that will fight against the Empire.

Aaliyah watched as the crowd moved and for the first time she saw, that in the center of the attention stood a man with shoulder-length, curly black hair, dressed in dark attire. She could feel he was tired and something else, he was uncomfortable from all the attention he was receiving. Nobody would think that when Oisin Dabeel asked to go on this mission, he would quickly become the hero of the Rebel Alliance, blowing up the Death Star to the bits before it could be used to destroy everything in its path.

"Did you know? Did you know when you brought him here, that he will save us all?" asked Padme, and bumped Aaliyah with her shoulder.

"No," shook Aaliyah her head. "I was lucky," she shrugged her shoulders and looked at Padme.

"We all were," agreed Padme, and Aaliyah smiled at her friend.

It was an amazing feeling to reunite with so many people from her past, but it was painful when she watched yet another of her friends to be changed by the new galactic regime. How they were marked permanently. Tired. Scared.

Just like last time, it was sudden, when her whole being was attacked by the cold presence of Darth Vader. She wanted to cry out, scream at him to leave her alone. She felt trapped with him because the darkness surrounded her again and her whole being was spinning in it. "Leave me alone. Leave me alone. Leave me alone," she repeated over and over again when the coldness almost burned her skin.

"I'm not going anywhere," said the familiar voice.

"Please," she whispered but had no hope he would actually listen to her begging. Perhaps she even got him something to mock her about. To feel satisfaction about.

"No," to her surprise, his voice was not teasing but quiet just like her own. "You already know what I want."

"And I told you already, that I will never surrender," she snapped.

He chuckled, actually chuckled, but she could tell he was not actually amused. "You also told me the Empire will fall. Do you actually believe it? You actually believe that what your pathetic friends did today is going to change anything at all?" his voice was hard but confident. He believed in the superiority of the Empire and even though their mission was more than successful, he was not scared, and he was not as angry as she would expect.