letting go

"Let the shadows fall behind you

"Let the shadows fall behind you." 

The plan was...well risky, but they had no time to make a better one and let's be honest, they were in a war. Every plan is going to be risky and plain dangerous, whether they like it or not. It was just a matter of hours, till they take off to Endor and Aaliyah was thinking about any possible outcome, her mind was able to create. Each end every one of them ended up with one of her loved one's death. Ahsoka, Obi-Wan, Padme...Anakin. Yes, if the situation's right, the rebels will try assassinating the Sith Lord. What is Aaliyah going to do in that scenario? Is she going to be selfless and put the galaxy and millions of people before her own happiness? Or would she engage and try and stop them?

How could I ever be a Jedi? How could I ever think I would be a good Jedi? I'm a traitor. I'm betraying everything the Jedi Order taught me just by thinking about this selfish possibility, she yelled at herself in her head, while she laid on a small, very uncomfortable bed. "Traitor," she heard in her head but this time it wasn't her own voice. It was a mixture of Obi-Wan's, Ahsoka's, Mace Windu's and Yoda's voice. It was haunting, cold, and made her skin crawl. The feeling of shame always came harder than before. More prominent, more violent.

It was long gone, the need to pretend that she is strong, when in fact Aaliyah was too weak. It was Anakin that made her weak, and the love she felt for him. She knew exactly what she was supposed to do, but how to do it? How to be strong enough to cut him off completely, to not think about him nonstop? It was maddening, slowly driving her to insanity. Ever since she found out who Anakin is and that this whole time he was alive, well, and very successful Sith Lord, it felt like she lost some part of her. It was slowly fading, and it changed her.

Everyone who knew her saw it. "You don't look like you're excited that this war could be over soon," said Padme the other day and there was teasing in her tone, but not in her suspicious eyes. Aaliyah didn't know how much the ex-senator knew, but she wasn't in a mood to have a heart-to-heart conversation.

"I am. I'm just concern about everyone's safety," shrugged Aaliyah and slightly turned away from Padme. The young woman had an amazing skill to see through anyone. And she knew Aaliyah for some time. She could read her like an open book. Aaliyah was never that particularly good at hiding, not when she was confronted with facts.

"I understand," Padme nodded and watched Aaliyah for a couple of seconds before she excused herself.

"Stupid, stupid," whispered Aaliyah to the quiet room when she thought about yesterday's encounter. Obi-Wan on the other hand was walking around as if he was ready for her to blow up. Ahsoka, well that little Togruta seemed to be fighting herself as to not drown Aaliyah with questions. And Oisin? He wanted to be there for Aaliyah. He wanted to help her with everything and all she wanted was to be alone with the sadness that settled in after they got on board of the Alliance fleet and their escape was successfully over. The adrenaline went away, and a weird numb, empty feeling replaced it.