Chapter Eleven

Today could not go by any slower, Im not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing. Good since I wont have to go to detention with Snape just yet, bad because Fred is still mad at me and will be for the rest of the day. Lunch is in about five minutes, and boy am I starving, skipping breakfast wasn't a good idea. I drift into my thoughts like I have been for most of the day, dwelling on Fred and Is little argument.

Out of all the nine and a half years weve known each other, I dont think Fred and I have ever gotten into an argument. I feel terrible for lying, we made a pact that we would never lie or keep secrets from each other. Knowing Fred, hes not going to forgive me easily, Fred and George are really serious when they make a pact. But its for his safety right?

I walk into the Great Hall and everyone is staring at me. Ugh. Im so stupid. I shouldnt have let my anger get the best of me last night. Fred looks up and rolls his eyes looking back to his plate. I sigh, its probably not a good idea to sit with them today. I walk over to the Slytherin table, I try to get a seat no where near Draco and his goons, I cant deal with their shit today.

Im out of luck. The only seat available to sit at is one right across from Draco. John waves to me, as I make my way to my seat I stop by him.

"Hey Y/N." "Hey John, whats up?" "Just wanted to say hi, and wanted to know how you were doing ya know after last night." "Im making it." I replied bluntly. "Hmm. Hey, where are you sitting?" John asks, I sigh and point toward the seat about ten feet away across from Draco.

"Ok, hold on." I raise an eyebrow as he whispers to the guy beside him, the guy nods and goes to sit at the seat across from Draco. John smiles at me "You needed a seat my lady?" he says in a weird medieval accent gesturing to the place beside him. I laugh at his remark and sit down beside him, by this time everyone has stopped staring at me well everyone except a couple of Slytherins around where Im sitting. "So are you gonna tell me what that was about?" I ask, "Ive made a couple of new friends." He replies, "New friends? Dude that was a sixth year. You mean to tell me you got sixth year Slytherin to not only be your friend but to listen to what you say?" He nods, smirking. "You are cooler than I thought." I say, "Should I be offended?" He asks, "No, I meant it in a good way." I replied.

John and I talk for a bit as we eat, its nice to get my mind off things for a while. I look up from my plate noticing the same Slytherins are still staring. "Take a picture. Itll last longer." I say loud enough for them to hear me. They immediately avert their eyes awkwardly. John looks between me and the other Slytherins.

About ten minutes got by, and now a small group of Slytherins keep glancing at me and whispering, as if I wouldnt notice. I stand up out of my seat and lean forward a bit towards them, "If you have something about me, say to my face." I say through gritted teeth. Their eyes widen and they stay silent. Thats what I thought. I turn my head towards John, "John Im gonna go ahead and go and get my stuff ready for my next class. Ill see you in the common room." "Mk, see ya"

Before I exit the Great Hall I see Hermione and Angelina looking toward me talking, I sigh knowing Im in for an interrogation. I walk out and head to the courtyard. Right now is my free period so I figured Id spend it in the courtyard, now I wasn't lying to John about getting ready for my next class cause I am studying for transfiguration.

The courtyard is empty due to the fact everyone is at lunch, I sit down on a bench and use a spell to conjure the book I need to study. As I begin to read I hear footsteps walking closer, I look up only to be faced with a stern looking Hermione and Angelina.

"What?" I ask, "Spill it." Angelina says plainly, "Theres nothing to spill." I say averting my eyes back to my book. Hermione scoffs, "Oh please Y/N, Ron told us you and Fred got into a fight this morning." Hermione says, Angelina cuts in, "Theres something going on with you, and either youre going to tell us, or well find out ourselves." We just want to help, we care about you." Hermione says.

I get up closing my book sighing "No one can help me, not with this." I start to walk off. "What do you mean? Theres got to be something we can do to help." Angelina says, "I told you theres nothing. This isnt something that you can fix, its something you live with for the rest of your life, until it gets so unbearable to where you cant live with it anymore." I reply. "Just tell us, maybe there is a way to help." Hermione pleads.

I turn around and look at both of them, "Nothing can fix guilt. Nothing can change the past." I say with sadness in my voice. "Y/N just tell us what happened." Hermione pleads again. "Like I told Fred I cant."

I turn back around walking away faster and faster till Im running. I only stop when I get to the edge of The Great Lake. I fall to my knees, 'Its all your fault you idiot.' I grasp my head, 'Your mom dying, your father going to Azkaban thats all your fault' "No! Shut Up!" I yell holding my head with both hands 'And now all your friends, the Weasleys, and even your dear Uncle Remus are all gonna leave you! Just like everyone else in your life.' "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" I scream, 'You're pathetic.'

"Y/N? Are you ok?!" John running towards me snaps me out of whatever that was. John comes over to me kneeling down, I quickly wrap my arms around him, breaking down, he returns the hug. The sick thing is I wish he hadnt found me, the little voice in my head was right, it is all my fault.

Once I calm down he pulls away "Y/N what happened? Are you ok?" John asks calmly, I wipe my eyes and clear my throat. I feel terrible. I probably scared the kid, I mean I would be scared if I saw someone screaming like they were in an argument but none else is there. "Im fine." I reply, "You didn't look fine." "Look John I dont mean to come off as a bitch when I say this, but there are some things going on with me that you cant know about, know one can know about. Please do not tell anyone this happened especially Fred and the others. Lets just forget all of this and move on." I say.

"Is it a girl thing?" John asks cluelessly, "Something like that." I say and get up, John stands up as well. "I wont tell anyone, I promise." he says, "Thank you, now lets get to our classes. I dont need anymore detention." I say slinging my arm around his shoulders as if he was my little brother. "You have detention?" He asks looking at me as we walk into Hogwarts. "Ill tell you about it later."

1310 words