Chapter Seven

“Are we gonna get in trouble for sneaking out?” John asks, getting paranoid as the three of us quietly head to the Gryffindor common room. 

“Only if we get caught.” Fred states, “Will we?” asks John, “Possibly.” I hit Fred in the back of the head, “Uh- I mean no.” but that doesn’t calm his nerves… in fact it made them worse (I mean how would it).

As we’re walking the hallway splits off on either side of us and it also continues to go straight as well. We continue to go straight,as we’re about to pass the two hallways on our sides Fred, who is in front of me, pushes me against the left wall so we’re chest to chest. At the same time he pushes John with his left arm against the wall beside me on my right, before we can turn the corner. 

“Fred wha-” I start but he cuts me off by putting his right hand over my mouth while peaking around the corner.

He takes his hand off my mouth and brings his head back to face me, he clears his throat. “Oh um, sorry. Filch was down the hallway… but he’s gone now.” he says embarrassed once he notices the position we’re in and backs away.

“Oh it’s fine.” I say quickly trying to hide my blush, John looks in between us with raised eyebrows.

____________________

“Hey Y/N!” Dean says from the couch as I walk into the Gryffindor common room with Fred and John, “Hey Dean.” Dean furrows his eyebrows looking at John “Who’s that?” He asks, gesturing towards John, “That’s John. He’s with me.” I reply. Dean nods and goes back to whatever he was doing. 

We walk up the steps leading to the boys dorms and head into Fred, George, and Lee’s dorm. Angelina, George, and Lee are sitting around talking about random stuff.

“Whats up my peeps!” I say walking up to them, “What took you so long?” George wines.

“Oh hush, it took us like fifth-teen minutes to get here.”  I say smiling, “Yeah fifth-teen minutes too long.” He wines again, “Oh whatever, you took it took you like thirty minutes last year to sneak out and get me here.” I say laughing.

________________________

All of us have our pjs on now, well except for John we’ve been taking turns going to the bathroom to put them on. John walks out in dragon pajamas that match ours (we only wear them as a joke, but they are really comfy).

Fred and George are both wearing orange, Angelina is wearing a purple one, Lee is wearing a light green one, John has a yellow one on, and I have a blue one on.

“Uh guys, I don’t think it fits.” John says, they're supposed to be baggy on you but John is just a first year and we kinda bought an extra one for someone our age. He has to hold the chest part up so it doesn’t show his whole chest.

“Wait hold up, Angelina do you still remember that spell you used last year so it would fit us right when all of us sort of had our little growth spur?” I ask, 

“Yeah but it was only used to make things bigger.” Angelina replies.

I think of some useful spells for a minute, “Oh I got!” I exclaim grabbing my wand, I point it at John “Reducio” I move my wand in a V movement. John’s pajama’s shrink just enough to fit him perfectly.

__________________________

After a couples of hours it was really late, during those hours we watched a muggle animation thing called a movie on the projector Lee brought from home. Much to the boys dismay the movie was called ‘The Notebook’, a very romantic movie (they actually liked the movie I think there were some tears shed by them too, but if you ask them they’ll tell you how awful they thought it was.). We also played a muggle game called ‘Spin the Bottle: Truth or Dare’, now that was really fun.

Everyone had fallen asleep leaving Fred and I up by ourselves talking and goofing around, just like when we were little and I would spend the night at the burrow. George would always fall asleep first so Fred and I would stay up and sometimes draw on George, or pour water (or some type of liquid) on him.

“So Y/N…” Fred says getting serious all of a sudden, “what happened on the train today? Ya’ know before the dementor incident, when your eyes turned red.” Fred asks all concerned .

“It was just motion sickness, like I told you on the train.” I lie, apparently I’m not very convincing.

“Y/N I’ve known you since you were five, when have you ever been able to lie to me?” Fred says,

I sigh knowing I can’t get out of this one with a lame excuse. “Fine” I breathe out “When you guys were talking about Sirius Black, I kinda got freaked out. It’s- it’s just overwhelming, I guess having a criminal break out of Azkaban scares the crap out of me.” I say look down at my lap knowing that wasn’t the full truth, hopefully he won’t see right through me.

“Well… if Black ever shows up, you’ve got me and George to protect you.” Fred says jokingly, something about the look on his face told me he was being serious

“We’re all doomed then.” I say jokingly, Fred puts his hand over his chest very dramatically, gasping “My heart!” he whisper yells,  pretending to faint.

I grab a pillow hitting him in the head, he quickly looks up at me with a glint of mischief in his eyes. He grabs my ankles pulling me towards him, making me fall back onto the pallet we have on the floor.

“Fred wh-” I’m cut off by him ticking my ribs, burst out into laughter trying to contain most of it so I don’t wake anyone. “Fred st- stop!” I say trying not yell, “Never.” Fred replies, smirking. “Fred w-we’re gonna wake ev-everyone else!” I manage to get out between giggles. I grab his wrists and flip him over so now I'm on top of him, pinning him down. 

“No more tickles.” I say out of breath. “Fine.” We gaze into each other's eyes, next thing I know we’re both leaning in. We hear shuffling in one of the beds everyone else is sleeping on before our lips touch, I shoot up off him. “I- um I’m gonna head to bed.” Fred says getting up and heading to his bed across the room, embarrassed, “Yeah, I should too.” I breathe.

Since there are only five beds and six of us I had volunteered to sleep on the floor with a pallet. ‘Ugh what in the world just happened?’ I think to myself as I lay down on my pallet. ‘Was he really about to kiss me? It was probably just the heat of the moment... right?

As I have a full on conversation with myself in my head, I can feel my eyes getting heavier with each second that passes till I fall into a dreamless deep sleep.

1209 words