Chapter Five

"Uncle Remus!!" I exclaim once I see the light brown haired man walk around the corner.

I run up to him and embrace him in a bone crushing hug, which he returns.

"Hey kiddo." he says laughing, "I missed you." "I missed you too." I replied, letting him go. "Why didn't you wake me up when you saved me from the Dementor?" I asked, "I thought it was best for you to get some sleep. Fred and George had told me you had a rough morning.

I look over to the twins who stand there star struck, "He's your uncle!" they exclaim. "I'll explain after supper."

__________________________

Once the choir has finished their performance for us, Professor Dumbledore rises up to say some things,

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say, before we become befuddled by our excellent feast. I myself am particularly looking forward to the flaming kiwi cups, which, while somewhat treacherous for
those of us with facial hair..." McGonagall clears her throat, as if to say get to the point. "Mm. Yes. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts. Good luck to you, Professor." Dumbledore says and there's scattered applause, but most of it comes from Gryffindor, I clap and whistle.

Dumbledore continues to speak once the clapping dies down, "As some of you may know, Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher for many years, has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be filled by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid!"

Once Dumbledore finishes speaking there clapping everywhere even some Slytherins were clapping. I stand up and clap, whooping and whistle till John (he got Slytherin like I predicted) who is sitting beside me, clapping, he pulls me down out of embarrassment since we were a couple strange stares from our table. Harid, who is also embarrassed, almost knocks over the table the professors were sitting trying to stand up.

"Finally, on a more disquieting note, Hogwarts -- at the request of the Ministry of Magic -- will, until further notice, play host to the Dementors of Azkaban." There's murmurs across The Great Hall.

At the corner of my eye I can see Draco and his two goons mocking Harry, I grip one of the plates in front of me, I fight the urge to throw the plate at him.

Dumbledore continues, "The Dementors will be stationed at the entrances to the grounds. While they are under strict orders not to enter the castle itself, you will on occasion see them as you go about your daily activities. Under no circumstances are you to approach them. It is not in the nature of a Dementor to be forgiving." Dumbledore finishes up his speech and the food appears on the table and fills up the plates.

I look over to John who is staring at his plate mesmerized, I softly chuckle at him remembering my first day at Hogwarts.

"So... how is your day here at Hogwarts going?" I ask John who is now stuffing his face with chicken legs and mashed potatoes.

He swallows his food and looks at me with a goofy grin, "It's brilliant." he says and goes back to eating.

__________________________

"Ok so most of the Slytherins are pricks, once in a blue moon you'll find a nice one... or at least one that's not a bully. They all believe that pure-bloods should only be wizards and witches, and that mudbloods as they call them are a disgrace. Tip, I would stay away from Malfoy... the bleach blond that always gets under everyone's skin." I say to John as we make our way to the Slytherin common room.

"Yeah I kinda figured, I overheard a lot of conversations at supper. Most of them weren't very pleasant." John replies.

We walk over to the entrance and I mutter the password "Pure-Blood." the door opens and we go into the common room. "Wow... even the password is self centered. Should I regret being put into Slytherin" John says

"Oh no, most of the people in Slytherin may be self-centered brats... but there are some kind ones. People out of Slytherin will not judge you because of your house, you just have to get to know them. And maybe me and you could change the image of Slytherin together." I say nudging his shoulder a little.

John smiles at me and we sit on the couch in the common room talking for a little bit, there are other Slytherins in the common room but they ignore us.

"Hey L/N! A Weasel is at the entrance asking for you." One of the Slytherin girls says disgusted. I sigh and get up telling John to wait there.

821 words