Chapter Eight

I open my eyes, the sun light emerges through the windows I groan, so does everyone else. Man it feels like I had just closed my eyes to go to sleep, I knew I shouldn’t have stayed up that late. Just then the events of last night come flooding back, the movie, the games, and then ugh Fred and I. I really hope he has forgotten (very unlikely but a girl can dream right), ugh who am I kidding of course he’s not gonna forget.

Everyone is getting up and grabbing their clothes from yesterday using a spell to clean them and make them fresh. Once again we all take turns getting dressed in the bathroom. Fred and I barely talked, in fact the only thing that was said between us was a very awkward good morning, now that puzzled Angelina but the boys didn’t notice anything different.

__________________________

At breakfast I sat with the Gryphdor’s, I did get a lot of confused stares from first years, but for people that have been here for years it was a regular morning. I do sit at my house table but sometimes I sit with my friends at their table, and surprisingly the professors don’t care. Dumbledore knows my relationship with the other Slytherins and how short tempered I am, and really doesn’t mind me sitting here. I ignored the stares as I led John to the table plopping down in between Fred and George. 

It was really awkward during breakfast Fred and I didn’t even talk to each other, we did share a couple of awkward glances but that’s about it. Of course Angelina can tell something is off between us.

Angelina gets up “I’m going to the bathroom, Y/N are you coming?” I look at her confused and she gives me a ‘mom look’ if you know what I mean. “Yep, coming” I say getting up and following her out of ‘The Great Hall’.

“Spill the tea.” Angelina says as we walk into the bathroom (where Moaning Myrtle is) “About what?” I ask genuinely confused. “Y/N don’t play dumb, I’ve known you and Fred for years. What's going with the two of you?” “Nothing is going on between us.” I reply, “Oh don’t give me that, you two would usually be talking up a storm, but you’ve barely said good morning to each other today let alone have a conversation.” Angelina says getting a little frustrated at me for not telling her the truth.

“It’s nothing” I say, “Y/N come on.” Angelina says firmly, I sigh “We almost kissed.” I mutter barely over a whisper. “You what!?” Angelina exclaims getting giggly and a little too excited.

__________________________

My first class is Care of Magical Creatures… well technically I’m not taking it, I’m assisting Hagrid for his very first class, not that he needs help they just wanted someone to help him out just in case he needs since it’s his first teaching. Since I have ‘experience’ with creatures... if you would even call it that they had asked me to do it. Of course I had said yes, I love Hagrid, he’s like a huge teddy bear and like Harry, Hermione, and Ron I have formed a sort of friendship with him.

While everyone else has their first class of the day I will be at Hagrid’s hut so he can tell me what he’s doing for the class and what he needs me to help with. What I have to do is very simple, hand him some treats for the creature he’s showing today, maybe quiet the class down if needed, and just lend an extra hand with things.

Hagrid stands in front of his hut with me beside him waiting for instructions “That’s it come on now, come closer, less talking if you don’t mind. I’ve got a real treat for yer’ today, a great lesson. Follow me” Hagrid tells the other students who have gathered around his hut for the class.

We all follow him down a trail into the forest to a little clearing. “Alright ya’ lot less chattering, form a group over there and turn yer’ books to page forty-nine.” Hagrid tells the class.. “And exactly how do you do that?” Malfoy spits, “Just stroke the spine of course.” Hagrid says in the most obvious voice, as he goes to get the creature.