8

addy

i'm not exactly sure why billie would want to go to a party with me. out of all people, me? according to her i'm a teachers pet, so i don't get why she'd want to go to a party with one.

i wasn't complaining though, billie was probably my closest friend at the moment.  which isn't saying much since i've barely known her for a week. but she made me happy you know, like friends do.

as suspected, sofia was going to the party with her cheer friends, and mac with his buddies. but i had billie.

i'm currently getting ready for this party. i know it's gonna be one of those giant house parties where no one really gives a fuck about what you're wearing, so i dress casually.

suddenly i get a text:

billie
i'm outside
u ready?

addy
coming

so i head outside to be greeted by the sight of billies gorgeous car.

"this thing is insane." i say, opening the passenger door.

"thing? bitch she's a she, okay?"

i laugh under my breath, "okay, billie."

"you look nice." she says, alarming me.

"nice? like too nice? should i change?"

she starts to drive off, "no! nice, like, good."

i take a deep breath. "thank you."

"you look nervous, never been to a party before or something?" she jokes.

i laugh, "no, i have. it's just been a while. like a long while."

"you'll be fine."

"i know."

we approach the house and billie pulls up on a nearby road and we walk up the lengthy driveway and walk into the grand entrance.

i've never been in a house party to this scale. in connecticut there were parties at big houses on the water, but most of our time was spent outside and on the docks, and nothing was to this extent.

i'm caught off guard when billie reaches for my hand and i willingly take hers in mine. she starts to drag me to a group of the guys she hangs with at school, but i resist.

"billie what are you doing?" i ask.

"what you can't meet my friends?"

"alec hates me though."

"good thing alec's not here, then." she smiles.

i sigh and follow her.

"ayyy billie!" one of them said, greeting her with that handshake they do.

"hey." she says.

"new girl?" the same guy said, pointing at me.