10

addy

"i'm so fucked, dylan. she has a boyfriend!"

i was on the phone with my closest friend from connecticut, dylan. we grew up together, her dad knew mine. her house was directly next to mine, our rooms facing eachother. like the 'you belong with me' music video. we were inseparable, until we were separated by mark.

"ads i'm sure it'll blow over like every one of your other crushes. like braden."

"it's REALLY not like that dylan. you know i don't get nervous around people i like, but billie makes me lose my train of thought. just imagine like everything people say when they say they're in love in the movies, that's how i feel every second with her."

"you're good friends with her right?"

"yes."

"i wouldn't tell her if that would ruin your guys' friendship."

"but i want to ruin our friendship. i want a relationship."

"it's so weird seeing you so in love with someone. this is not like you. i finally get to see your soft side!"

"exactly. like, it's foreign to me, i don't really fall for people like this. but of course the one time i do she has a FUCKING asshole boyfriend."

"how much asshole?"

"you really don't wanna know. it's pathetic."

"i can handle it." dylan pleaded.

i laugh, "so, last night we were in her room after a party when alec walks in and gets all mad that i'm there and starts yelling and shit. he hates me for some reason. and i've seen bruises on her, it's scary."

"think about it this way. they're dating, right? her boyfriend probably knows her better than most people,"

"this really isn't helping dylan."

"lemme finish, goddamn," she resumes, "since he knows her well, maybe he had reason to believe that she might like you or something. obviously he'd hate someone he sees as a threat."

"god, i miss you dylan. how are you so smart. i want to hug you so bad right nowwww!" i whine.

"i miss you too ads. i gotta go, but please call me if anything happens with her. keep a girl updated."

"of course. miss you. love you." i pout.

"love you more ads. bye babes."

"bye bye." i say before the call ends.

i flop onto my back and throw my phone down on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

i miss my old life and house so much. i never thought i would ever move out of that house or that town.

that conversation helped me realize some things.

i cant be around billie without her driving me crazy. my mind grasps at straws hoping she could maybe also have feelings for me. it's drives me fucking insane just thinking about her and how i'll never have her in that way. i didn't think i liked her like that until last night when she was all close to me and shit. why her?