11

addy

frankie and i were watching a star wars movie, after our plans to watch it last night were suddenly cancelled by a surprise engagement.

we were in the movie room in the basement. yes. a movie room. why is this necessary to have in a house to some people? just use a tv?

suddenly, my mom walks in.

"addy, billie is here to see you."

i turn around quickly.

"billie? like, my billie?"

frankie turns around too, "billie with silver hair?"

"yeah." my mom confirms, "i let her in, i hope that's okay."

"uh, yeah." i turn to frankie, "i'll be right back."

i walk out to the living room where billies waiting. i keep my distance while asking, "i don't remember calling you?" sourly.

"i know. but you weren't answering my texts i wanted to know you were okay."

"and why wouldn't i be?"

"i don't know."

i sigh, annoyed.

"okay," she hesitates, "maybe i just wanted to see you. and you weren't gonna answer, so i just came." she says.

my stomach sinks at her words. she wanted to see me? fuck.

"you can't just show up here like this all the time." i say, nervously.

"sorry."

"it's fine," i reassure her, still a little annoyed, "it's just i was kind of in the middle of something. i'm watching a movie with my brother."

"ooo what movie? can i watch?"

"billie! are you really inviting yourself to watch a movie with me and my little brother?"

"you seem annoyed."

thanks captain obvious? tf?

i sigh. "it's the third star wars. and it's almost over. take it or leave it."

"i'll take it" she says, smiling.

i take her to the movie room.

"damn" she says.

"yeah."

frankie turns around when he hears us, but turns back around quickly.

"frankie!" i laugh, "is it okay if billie watches the last few minutes of this with us?" i ask, embarrassed she showed up like this. but also kind of happy.

frankie nods shyly.

"so shy, for what? i don't bite." billie says, sitting on the opposite side of me, frankie on my other.

i resume the movie and we finish it, billie not saying a word the whole time which surprised me.

the movie ended, so frankie took the remote. "can you put on adventure time?" he asked.