29

billie

it's 8 am on a monday. i somehow got up in time to show up to school and actually make my first period with time to spare! wow!

i saw someone sitting in my usual spot with addy's chair empty. i didn't recognize her at first but i got closer and realized it was dylan.

"oh. hey" i say, putting on a friendly smile. although dylan low key makes me possessive over addy even though i know she's harmless.

"hey billie" dylan says turning her head to me.

"where's addy?"

"uhhh maybe she slept? i don't know'" dylan says.

"ah." i sigh. "so you go here now?" i ask dylan.

"yeah, my mom was tryna get me to go to some private school but fuck that"

i laugh "ha! for real."

the bell rings. dylan and i look at each-other in curiosity of where addy is.

the teacher stands up from his chair.

"good morning everyone. how are you all?" he asks.

no one responds.

"okay then. anyway. looks like we have a new student today! why don't you stand up and give us a quick introduction so the class can get to know you better?"

dylan laughs under her breath before standing up, "my name is dylan. i'm from connecticut. that's pretty much it." she says before sitting back down.

"lovely to have you join us. it'll be fun" he says.

she sits back down.

the teacher starts speaking again and pulls out a stack of papers, un-clipping them from a binder clip.

"so, i don't feel like dealing with you guys today so i'm giving you a packet to work on. you can move around or go up to the library if you want i don't really care just don't disrupt anyone please, thanks." he says.

"y'all wanna go to the library?" dylan asked me.

"uh, yeah sure" i say.

we grab our papers and get a pass from our teacher and leave the class.

we wander the vacant hallways and chat about random shit.

"whatcha listening to billie?" dylan asks me.

i low key forgot i had headphones in so i was sort of caught off guard but i reply, "you know phoebe bridgers?"

"YES" dylan says. "dude i fucking love her"

maybe dylan is okay.

"her music is like what plays when you get to heaven istg" i laugh.

"honestly! she's playing a show next week and i wanted to get tickets so bad but obviously i know no one here."

"addy didn't want to go?" i ask.

"she's stubborn and doesn't want to ask for tickets. i keep telling that girl to get a damn job if she won't take her rich step daddy's money!"