Astallia and Yuno

A cold breeze continued to be felt that night. The night when two children's lives changed forever. A black-haired baby boy clothed tightly with a blue necklace at his side and an ash-blond baby girl with the most mesmerizing green eyes that shine in the bright night were both left at the doorstep of a church far from the luxury of what should have been theirs.

Father Orsi heard the knock on the door and was surprise to see two children outside in this cold weather. Immediately he brought them inside and move them to a bed close to the fireplace to warm them up.

He calms down the baby boy that continued to cry and after a few minutes he manage to get the baby back to sleep, while the baby boy keeps sleeping really peacefully, Father Orsi looked at the blue necklace at it side and at the name at his cloth that says 'Yuno' he then moved to looked at the baby girl that continues to sleep moments ago, waking up now and upon opening her eyes he was faced with the most mesmerizing green eyes he have ever seen in his life and decided to hold her and said "Hahaha, what beautiful eyes you have, looks like our village will have a beauty here hahaha" even though the baby does not understand him, as he puts her down he picked up the golden necklace with four clover at her side 'Looks like your parents wants you to have a good luck, huh?' and saw a name at the back, Astallia.

A/N : Licita was the one who crafted the name at the back.

He rosed up and moved his arms at his waist and proclaimed "Yuno, Astallia, do not worry now, this is your new home." and smiled while looking at the two new addition to the church.

5 years later

Asta and Yuno have grown from babies that can hardly even walk and speak to kids that are loved by the whole village. Who wouldn't love the very kind, energetic, and bright smile that can even rival the sun of the girl who's like an angel and the cuteness and shyness of the boy who always clings to her side? They are always together whenever they go, or more likely, Yuno tends to cling to Astallia.

Astallia and Yuno are always ready to help the village with their work every day, not only to get some food or vegetables for a reward but also because it's in their nature. Astallia has always been cute, cheerful, kind, always ready to help, and most importantly, always with a smile on her face that rivals the sun. Yuno, on the other hand, is her opposite; he's a crybaby, shy, always hiding behind Asta, taking cover, but also helping, of course.

For the last five years, many things have changed as well, not just for the two of them. Children at the church increased; baby Nash, Recca, and Sister Lily also live with them now. Their life is good, but Astallia always feels that there is something missing, like she needs to do more; she doesn't feel satisfied with this peaceful and simple life. She always thinks she maybe got this from her parents; it always raises a question in her mind: did her parents leave her because there where more important things needing to do than having her with them? why was she left here behind? She could only dwell on this for a moment before she fell asleep.

Astallia and Yuno just got back to the church after helping out the village with their baskets full of goods, as a thank you for helping them all day.

What greeted them was the very angry-looking Sister Lily. "Where were you two so late? You have us very worried!" she scolded, while soon her face turned very relieved that the two of them were safe and unharmed.

"We're sorry, we didn't notice," Yuno said dejectedly while looking down at his feet with both hands folded together. Astallia held his hand for comfort and said, "We're sorry, Sister, but look, we've got additional foods." She held the basket in front of her and gave it to Sister Lily.

Sister Lily can't help but smile, at such young ages, both of them are very responsible enough. She smiled at them and said, "It's okay, you both did a good job, but don't be late again; we were really worried you might have gotten kidnapped." With the charisma of the two, it would be no wonder it would happen. The two children looked happy and relieved and went inside. 

The next day

It was still early in the morning, but a cry suddenly was heard across the whole village, which resulted in people waking up and looking for the cause, and the center of it came from the church. Suddenly, an earthquake so intense that it was felt not only in the whole village but also in the nearby villages and towns lasted for a few seconds. Father Orsi, Sister Lily, and Yuno burst into Astallia's room to see what happened to her, and to their surprise, she's glowing, literally. Seeing it as proof that Astallia is the one responsible for the earthquake, they don't know how to approach her at the moment, and they don't know how to stop this outburst of magic from Astallia.

Yuno, seeing Astallia's pale face, crying, faced down with her hands tightly clench to her side, and trying hard to stop her magic from going berserk any moment. Yuno can't avert his gaze from Astallia as he thought to himself of 'what should he do?, his not strong, he's a coward' but another part of his mind is screaming at him that 'Idiot, save Astallia, save Astallia, be strong for her, she's always been there for him, now it's time for him to be there for her, with his courage now boosted he slowly approached her and held her hands in his.

Astallia is in pain, physically and mentally she is lost. Her mind is in panic mood. 'What this? Why those it hurts? Is this normal? Is this my magic? What am I supposed to do? Why can't I control it?' she frustrated though to her mind. As she continue to struggle fighting the pain biting her lips. I won't go down with just this, with motivation she continue to fight this agonizing battle to herself.

A warm pair of hands held hers and suddenly embraces her and slowly she begins to calms down and when she looked up she sees Yuno smiling down at her. She immediately warp her arms tightly to him and relief washed through her body and slowly she begins to feel the control of her magic and soon after that she gets over it.

The two adults can't help but be amazed to this display. They both smiled warmly at the two children embracing and thought that this two are really balanced each other. Father Orsi can't stop the tears of joy seeing Yuno shows his bravery for Astallia, he always thought that Yuno really the one to always be the boundary to stop Astallia with her hyper energy actions.

After all that, Astallia was very excited to try her magic that she found out as light magic she felt really great doing spells after spells, it make her normal routine easier. The weird thing about her magic is that people in the village still cannot sense her mana despite it being light magic which is known for being a powerful and rare attribute, luckily the magician at a Grimoire tower pays them a visit because of the earthquake earlier which was caused by Astallia's outburst panic.

The magician concluded that her mana is being concealed but he said not to worry it is only concealing the presence of mana to others but she can still used her magic wonderfully. He was even amazed never in his life that he saw a magic like this he concluded that this is a work possibly by her birth parents. As the magician bids them goodbye he can't keep his excitement for what's fate awaits this very gifted child. 'I cannot wait to see what grimoire that child might get and the future that awaits her' he smiled to himself as he leaves.

A/N: Yes I finised it yehey I'm so happy. Sorry I'll be taking a bit long at their childhood arc, before I moved on to the teen years. To explain a little so Astallia's magic is a mutation between her parents that's why she suddenly lost control when her light magic surfaced it fights with her shield magic, something like that. Then she achieved harmony with the two with the help of Yuno(I just really love their pairing).