Chapter Ten

Today is going to be a good day, Lisa can feel it. It's not often that Lisa is in such a good mood but today everythig seems to be going her way and so Lisa allows herself the small pleasure of thinking positively for a little while.

"You're looking happy today," Jennie says as soon as she sees Lisa.

"I am."

Lisa chooses not to elaborate and Jennie doesn't ask, instead she grins widely at Lisa and drags her down the corridor.

"You're coming with me."

"Where to?"

Lisa had no problem with being dragged places by Jennie Kim (after all, who would?) but she would prefer to know where she's going. As much as Lisa trusts Jennie she cannot be sure that Jennie is not dragging her somewhere truly horrible like the pits of hell or even worse, to hang out with her friends. (Now that Lisa thinks about it the two might as well be synonymous with each other.)

"My locker."

Lisa has to pause briefly to absorb this newfound information.

"You never go to your locker," Lisa says accusingly.

"You stalking me or something?"

"Jennie we've been going to the same school for the past year and a half, it's impossible for me not to know these things."

"I'll let your stalkerishness slide then," Jennie says teasingly.

"Stalkerishness isn't a real word."

"It is now."

"I'm not sure you posses that kind of authority."

"You don't know my life story."

"Shut up Jennie and walk," Lisa says, "if I could grow facial hair I'm pretty sure I'd have a beard by now."

"You can't grow facial hair?"

"I'm still a girl! Walk!"

It doesn't take them long to reach Jennie's locker after that and Lisa can quickly see why Jennie rarely uses it. When Jennie opens the door it falls open, sending several pieces of paper onto the floor. The entire locker appears to be filled with an assortment of rubbish, old letters from school, sweet wrappers and Lisa even thinks that she might be able to spot a condom in there somewhere, although to be honest, Lisa would rather not think about that.

"Have you ever heard of a bin?" Lisa asks. "Oh my god, is that a pair of your underwear in there?"

Jennie just shrugs and begins to place stacks of paper in Lisa's arms as she roots through her collection.

Jennie doesn't reply but rather withdraws her arm from the locker with a flourish and turns to Lisa with a smirk. Lisa is not impressed when she sees what is in Jennie's hand.

"A box of condoms," Lisa says disbelievingly, "you dragged me to your locker and subjected me to all this rubbish just so you could retrieve a box of condoms."

"Safe sex is important Lisa," Jennie tells her seriously, "and Kim Taehyung's stash at his house has run out, turns out I can really..."

Lisa cuts Jennie off by placing a hand over her mouth, sending the papers in her arms to the ground.

"Please stop talking," Lisa begs, "because I really don't want to know about that."

Jennie rolls her eyes but doesn't say anything none the less.

"Where you at next lesson?" She asks after a few moments of silence.

"I've got psychology."

"I'll walk you."