Chapter Forty-two

Lisa hasn't been back to Blink's ever since she nearly killed Jennie. But that's about to change. After all, Lisa is hardly going to pass up an opportunity to spend time with Jennie outside of school, and Lisa is most definitely not going to pass up an opportunity to spend time with Jennie when the two of them are more of less alone, or at least away from people from school, away from Jennie's old friends.

Jisoo is the only one there when Lisa enters and she looks up at her with a mischievous smile on her face, a strand of her ginger hair being twirled between two of her fingers before she sweeps it up into a ponytail.

"Kim's at the shop," she explains, "she said she was expecting you."

"Thanks."

"No problem."

Jisoo wanders over a few moments later with a mug of coffee in her hand which she quickly hands over to Lisa.

"You're a coffee drinker right?" Jisoo says.

Lisa simply nods. She's not entirely sure how to act around Jisoo, she's pretty sure Jisoo hates her, in fact, Lisa is pretty sure that Jisoo hates everyone. And so Lisa isn't entirely sure why on earth Jisoo is taking a seat next to her with a smile that could just about be considered friendly on her face.

"I can't believe I'm about to say this," Jisoo sighs, somehow managing to convey utter disappointment through her tone, "I mean I hate gossip. But what the hell is going on with you and Kim."

Lisa tries to hide the fact that she nearly chokes on her coffee.

"We're good friends," Lisa says, and technically it's not untrue, "why do you ask?"

Jisoo raises her eyebrows in disbelief and fixes Lisa with a pointed stare. Lisa somehow finds herself inching slightly further back in her seat, desperate to get away from Jisoo's gaze. The gaze that suggests she knows more than she's letting on.

"The other day she suggested that we double date."

"Well maybe she was trying to ask you out and thought inviting me along would make you feel better."

"There are so many flaws in your logic. And anyway, apparently she's got some cute girls lined up for me. One that's not her. Therefore you and her would be going on a date. A date. You know that thing couples do where they kiss and hold hands."

"I know what a date is," Lisa tells Jisoo, "I'm sure Jennie was just getting her words confused. She's not the brightest bulb in the box."

"Cut the bullshit Manoban," Jisoo says, "I want to know what's going on with you and Kim."

"Nothing."

"I swear to god I am not afraid to hit you. You know how I have red hair, that's a warning that if you piss me off I will hurt you."

"I don't know what you want me to tell you?"

"Has she kissed you?"

"I feel like we're twelve year old girls at a sleepover."

"Stop changing the subject," Jisoo warns. "Kim's not acting like herself, and I want to know why."

"And why does it have to be my fault?"

"Who said anything about it being anyone's fault? It's not a bad thing anyway, in fact, she's being nicer. I just want to know why."

"I guess I'm just a great friend."

"I'm a great friend," Jisoo says, "but Kim doesn't stare at her phone looking like the heart eye emoji every time I text her."

"How do you know?" Lisa asks. "Surely you don't text her when the two of you are in the same room."