Chapter Twenty-four

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIAS LALISAAAAAAA😍 I LOVE YOU SO MUCH❤❤❤💓

-

The first thing Lisa sees the next morning is her mother standing in the doorway with a massive smile on her face and a cupcake in her hand.

"Happy Birthday sweetie."

Lisa takes the cupcake graciously and smiles up at her mother. This is one of the few things Lisa likes about her birthday, the fact that she gets to eat cake for her breakfast. There's no other day in the year that offers that particular benefit.

"Thank Mum," Lisa says through a yawn, "you didn't have to do this."

"It's your birthday," her mother replies simply.

Lisa quickly places the cupcake on her bedside table, scrambles out of bed and pulls her mother into a tight hug. Lisa has to bend slightly at the knees to do so but the smile on her mother's face is worth it.

"Best Mum ever," Lisa whispers in her ear, "like seriously."

Her Mum lets out a small burst of laughter as Lisa releases her mom from her grip.

"Whatever you say, but just so you know, you're my favourite child."

"I'm your only child, the only competition is Mark and technically he's not yours.."

"Exactly."

Lisa shakes her head at her.

"Anyway I'll leave you to get ready for school," Lisa's Mum says, "enjoy your breakfast; it's only your birthday once a year!"

After demolishing her cupcake, Lisa quickly pulls on her clothes before heading out the door, not entirely looking forward to today. It's not that Lisa has anything against birthdays in general; it's more that she really hates the attention being on her. It just makes her feel uncomfortable.

As soon as Lisa walks into school she is greeted by a smiling Rosé and Jennie who instantly shout 'Happy Birthday!' when they spot her from half way down the corridor. Lisa tries to ignore the looks people are giving her after that.

"Here you go," Rosé says placing a massive badge into Lisa's hand, "that's for the birthday girl."

"Chaeng..."

"And you have to wear it," Rosé interrupts, "else I'll cry. And neither of us want that to happen."

"I don't know," Lisa replies, "that'd be a great birthday present."

"Heartless," Rosé mutters, "the girl's absolutely heartless."

Lisa elects to ignore her and before long a present is thrust into her hands, and Rosé offers her a smile.

"You better like this," Rosé tells Lisa, "you've been saying you want it for ages and it cost me fucking loads. So please dear god pretend you like it even if you don't, cause it nearly killed my wallet."

Lisa shakes her head at Rosé's mini speech before peeling back the wrapping paper, carefully placing it neatly on the table next to her. She can hear Rosé and Jennie sigh at how long she is taking but Lisa doesn't pay attention to them, it's important to her that she doesn't rip the wrapping too much, it makes her feel bad after they put so much effort into wrapping it for her.

Eventually Lisa is finished with her task and her jaw drops open.

"Chaeng, you didn't have to."

Rosé doesn't reply, she just smiles smugly.

"Like seriously Chipmunk, you have no idea how much I wanted this."

Lisa stares down at the copy of Sims 4 and feels like crying. She doesn't though; she doesn't need to give Jennie more reasons to stop being friends with her.