Chapter Thirty-four

"What the hell is going on with you and Kim?"

It's Rosé's voice that welcomes Lisa into school on Monday morning, she's stood with a serious expression on her face and her bag slung over her shoulder.

"Nothing," Lisa mumbles.

She's not entirely sure that she wants to get into it all right now. She's not entirely sure what 'it all' even is.

"Like hell I believe that," Rosé says.

"And why would that be?"

"Jennie walked past me without a second glance this morning," Rosé states and Lisa is surprised to detect sadness in her tone, "I said hey and she didn't reply, just went to sit with her mates. Her old mates."

This is so much worse than Lisa thought it was going to be. Lisa had imagined that Jennie would ignore her, but the idea of her ignoring Rosé too makes Lisa realise just how badly things have gone askew. She knew it was a bad idea to go round on Friday night, she's only just now realising how bad 'bad' really is.

It's then that Lisa realises how much she needs to get this off her chest. And surely Rosé deserves to know the real reason why Jennie is suddenly ignoring the pair of them.

"She kissed me," Lisa whispers.

"She what?"

"She kissed me."

"What is an accident?"

"Hey!"

"You know what I mean," Rosé says.

"Well you don't tend to repeat accidents several times."

"Wait this wasn't just a onetime thing? Why the hell am I only finding out about this now?"

"I figured you'd call me an idiot."

"Well you are one."

"See," Lisa sighs, "and I didn't know what the fuck was going on so I didn't know how to tell you."

"So why are you telling me now?"

"I think that's why Jennie's not talking to us."

"I feel so out of the loop that it hurts. Why would her kissing you make her stop being friends with us? She initiated it right?"

"Right."

"Then why the hell is she pissed?"

"It's complicated."

"Lalisa Manoban if you don't tell me right now then I'm not afraid to skip first lesson to force it out of you. Black belt remember?"

"Like you'd ever let me forget," Lisa mutters under her breath, "fine. What do you want to know?"

"Everything."

"She kissed me when I went round to watch the football," Lisa tells Rosé, "then basically ran screaming, metaphorically, not literally. Actually she curled up into a ball and shouted."

"Okay..."

"And then we kissed again last week when I went round when she was ill."

"And?"

"How do you know there's an and?"

"Well something has obviously happened this weekend, either that or Jennie just has really slow reactions."

"I went round to hers on Friday night and she was a little bit drunk, turned out she was throwing a party."

"Oh no."