Chapter 47

Your mind was both blank and busy.

You had no thoughts and too many thoughts to focus on at once.

Flashes of memories ran by you, but you couldn't tell if they were memories or just your brain dreaming.

Dreaming....

You haven't had any dreams in a long while. Most of the time when you slept you were having nightmares.

Were you sleeping now?

If you were, you had to wake up. Nightmares would be appearing soon.

But as you waited, nothing happened. Were you even waiting?

Weird feelings, senses, surrounded you. Déjà vu. Lethologica. Motivation.

"Mx. [L/N]," a voice called. Familiar. It flew right past you and you paid it no mind, continuing with what you were doing.

What were you doing?

You shrugged off the question.

"They... be fine, right?"

Another familiar voice.

"Yes... it's best... visit... please be...." Unfamiliar.

You shrugged it off again. Might as well take this chance to 'sleep' when there's no nightmares.

<•>

"[L/N]."

Another familiar voice.

Another wave of strange feelings and senses crashed into you.

It was a voice you recognized more.

"How are you?"

How were you? You felt... okay, you guess. Not bad, not good. You didn't know, the more you thought about it.

"I hope you'll recover soon."

Recover? What were you recovering from? You weren't injured. You weren't hurting.

"[L/N]." The voice sent another wave of feelings into you. And you recognized it. Aizawa.

"I think I love you."

What?

Yeah, this must be a dream.

You haven't had one of those in a while. That's why it's all so unfamiliar and strange.

"I love you."

But the more you thought about it, the blurrier your thoughts became. Where were you?

"Please."

What happened?

"Wake up."

<•>

The heartbeat monitor started beeping like crazy.

Ironically, it almost gave Shota a heart attack. He had almost fallen asleep in the room, having nothing to do but be sad. The sudden loud beeping alarmed him, and he saw your body tremble, then thrash as you gasped for air despite the oxygen mask.