Chapter 10

It was the hand man from before. Except this time, he only had one hand, the one of his face.

Shota gritted his teeth as he watched them from above on a building. He was suspicious of the text he'd briefly seen that you received and decided to follow you in case you got in any more trouble. He didn't like that lizard man either. His presence, or rather his lack of one, threw him off.

"Shigaraki," the mist man repeated. "Please, calm down."

"Shut up, Kurogiri."

The hand man, Shigaraki, stood outside with his hands tense, clenching and unclenching. His eyes glared at where the other group of villains left through some kind of portal.

"They went willingly, and those people were not going to let up that chance."

"Shut up."

The mist villain, Shota presumed was Kurogiri, silenced again, hovering around Shigaraki. Shota waited to see if they would warp somewhere else with the purple mist man's quirk. When they remained still for a moment longer, Shota took the chance to skillfully use his capture weapon and threw it at the villain. Perhaps he can quickly bind him and threaten Kurogiri to stand down.

However, the end of his capture weapon ended up in Kurogiri, presumably warped to a different part of him.

He went for a blind spot and grabbed Shigaraki's wrist with the other end of the weapon.

Shota dropped down from a building, having a mini tug-of-war with Shigaraki.

Kurogiri seemed to tense up and prepare for another attack.

"Hold on," Shigaraki rasped. He stopped tugging and slightly relaxed, but standing his ground to avoid being pulled. The mist man hesitated, then returned to a simpler form next to him. Shigaraki smirked evilly at the hero. "Eraserhead. We meet again."

"Where's [L/N]?" Shota watched as the end of the capture weapon turned to dust when the villain touched it. He cursed under his breath; he should've activated his Erasure. "What are you doing here?"

"Mind your own business, hero." Shigaraki didn't back away or step forward. Instead, he stood still and gestured his arms in a somewhat careless manner. Shota could barely see behind the hand on his face, but he was smiling evilly.

"This is my business." Shota glared and carefully retreated his capture weapon. They weren't threatening or attacking right now. And with that stance... was he trying something to try and get away? No, Kurogiri could easily teleport them elsewhere. Did he have a deal? "Who were the others?"

"The other villain group is not with us." Shigaraki's arms fell to his side and his head hung low. He said something under his breath that Eraser could barely make out. "He never did like taking orders from others, huh?"

"Where are they?" Shota had to decide now what to do. If they told him where you were, he'd have to find a way to take care of both a rescue and a capture. He was alone, and no other pro-hero was patrolling this area around this time until way later.

"They're at an abandoned building near Takoba Municipal Beach Park."

The lizard man from earlier came from seemingly nowhere, as if he appeared out of thin air.

"The doctor changed locations," the man continued. "I tried to change [Y/N]'s mind but... they seemed set on it." He put up his hood and looked to the two villains and hero, eyes flicking to each back and forth.

"Why are you telling us this?" Shota asked. The man's tail was curling again. Is he a chameleon? he briefly wondered.

"I worked with them on a project but I never agreed with them taking [Y/N]." He stammered over his words like before. "They're a good friend of mine. And with what those... villains are doing, it might not end well for them."

"So you're betraying them." Shigaraki said bluntly.

"No," the man said quickly, then in a lower voice, "It's not betrayal if I was never really on their side to begin with. And Sen— we had discussed that we'd wait and Katsumi didn't listen. So. Uh. That."

Shota narrowed his eyes at him. "And you want me to save them."

"It counts as a kidnapping, does it not?" He paused, then shrugged. "I mean, they did go willingly, so I guess not, but...."

Shota glanced between him and Shigaraki and Kurogiri. He nodded towards Shigaraki. "What's your relationship with them?"

"You don't need to know that." Shigaraki started scratching at his neck. "We will tell you this though: They could die soon because of what they're doing. Better start acting like a hero about now, huh?"

Shota cursed under his breath again, then thought for a moment. He nodded towards Kurogiri. "Take me there."

He was startled for a moment, glancing at Shigaraki. He nodded reluctantly.

Shota pointed at Shigaraki and the chameleon man. "You're both coming with us."

When he'd arrived he had seen you follow a man and disappear off in a car, and two other people go through some kind of portal in the wall. Shigaraki was chasing after you. He knew what the other villains were doing, and if you really were to die and Shigaraki knew that, he'd want you back as soon as possible. It could all be an act, but Shota had seen the chameleon man earlier and it was likely he had drugged you, then abandoned the plan when he saw the hero. He must have made up his mind on his way here.

He'll bring along the other two villains in case the other side was a trap; perhaps he can use one of them as a hostage or meat shield if there were attackers. If it really was the beach park, the chameleon man knew exactly where the hideout was and would be able to lead them there. It was a rational decision.

He probably won't be able to capture the villains though, there were two people with teleporting quirks and [L/N] could be held hostage by the other villains.

"Appearances and quirks?" Shota asked before Kurogiri warped them. He turned to the chameleon man. "And your name?"

"Ethan." He shoved his hands in his pockets, looking down. "Katsumi is a black haired guy with earrings and can clone, Miki is a black haired guy with glasses and can make portals, and Aiko is a brown haired woman who can manipulate emotions, that's pretty much it. Just don't use your quirk if the guy without glasses makes physical contact with you. Katsumi can make a clone of you with your quirk." He looked back up at the hero and murmured under his breath, "Huh, I wonder if Eraserhead versus Eraserhead would basically just be a fistfight."

Shota looked to Shigaraki to confirm Ethan's information, and he nodded.

"And your quirk?" Shota asked Ethan as a final check. When he pursed his lips and didn't respond, Shota continued. "You are villains. I will gather information and report them even as I'm doing something else. Especially if I know you're all going to escape once [L/N] is safe."

Finally, "I'm invisible for as long as I hold my breath."

Shota nodded and sighed as he let Kurogiri warp them to wherever the other villain group may be.

He definitely had a bunch of questions for you once you were back.