Chapter 2

You made it past the school's high-end security wall relatively quickly. Checking over your shoulder once in a while, you started walking to your house with your small bag over your shoulders.

You took your earphones out and plugged them into your ears. Setting the playlist to shuffle, "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead" by Set It Off started.

A few minutes later you passed by your house, but continued walking. You stopped by a sushi restaurant to buy something to eat, though you weren't that hungry. Soon, a few blocks, a train ride, and another few blocks, you arrived at your destination in Kamino.

It was quite far from your house, but you sometimes stayed over so it didn't matter. It was a run-down, small-looking bar from the outside, the doors locked and the place seemingly abandoned in the empty neighborhood streets. You entered the building from the semi-hidden back doors.

Inside was fairly small and clean, minus some dust, and looked pretty much like any old normal bar. The edges of the bar table were a bit cracked, with dust on the floor below them from Tomura's quirk.

The blue-haired man was sitting at the table, in front of Kurogiri, the purple mist man in a suit.

"Hey," you greeted. "I'm back!" You said this in an overly-familial way, annoying him.

"Hello," Kurogiri greeted. "How did it go today?"

"The kids were annoying, but hilarious. I saw All Might as well, looking strong as ever." You sat down next to Tomura and ruffled his hair. If you were anyone else you'd be a pile of dust on the floor. Thankfully, he wouldn't use his quirk on you and it wouldn't work anyway. "I didn't get much information since I'm not a pro hero and this is only a part-time job."

You saw Tomura raise an eyebrow behind the dismembered hand he had in his face. "He's going to be at some training grounds tomorrow. Someone was able to get the schedule today."

"Figured the mass media leak was your doing. The door was completely dusted."

"I'm going to tell Sensei about it. We're attacking them tomorrow."

"What? Already?" Your turn to raise an eyebrow, glancing over to Kurogiri to see if he would say anything. When he didn't, you sighed. Tomura was really impatient, after all. The doctor that Sensei was working with must have completed his task.

"The Nomu is ready so I want to play test it as soon as possible."

"Yeah, sure." You set your bag on the table. "I'm not able to get the student files since I'm not a pro-hero teacher, but I've seen the quirks for them. Some are quite interesting."

"Your record is perfectly clean. It won't be hard to gain their trust and get some more information," Kurogiri said. "But you still have to be careful."

"I'm talking about my job to you guys as if you're family."

"Knowing still makes it dangerous," Kurogiri said. "Be careful."

You nodded. "Just can't get attached is all. It's difficult to do that when they're all so hilarious, though." You laughed. "There's already a kid that acts like a villain. I don't know how he got into that school in the first place. Their homeroom teacher is also pretty funny, sleeping in the middle of class. He's Eraserhead, and to be fair, he is an underground hero and probably deserves his sleep."

"Speaking of sleep, how is your insomnia doing? Hopefully extra work hasn't been tiring you out."

"It's fine, I'd rather be tired than sleep." You looked over to Tomura. "Anything you want me to do? I have a different class to teach tomorrow."

"No, just stall if anyone is alerted." He wasn't talking much today, you noticed. "I can't wait."

"Don't kill anyone," you said nonchalantly. "The students might have more information on All Might."

He grunted a hesitant agreement. He was acting differently today, almost suspicious. You waved your hand dismissively to Kurogiri and he nodded. A moment later he disappeared with his quirk, leaving you alone with Tomura.

"You okay Tenko?"

He stiffened for a moment when you used that name. "Sorry, [Y/N]. Just... annoyed at something."

You frowned, concerned, when you heard the tone and what he said. He never apologized for anything or to anyone except you and Sensei. He hadn't said anything when he had on multiple occasions cracked the edges of the table with his quirk, leaving dust everywhere, as well as leaving doors handleless with no notice.

"You can talk to me."

He was silent for a while. "It's fine. I'm glad you're here."

Now you were extremely worried at the sudden change in him. Tomura was like a little brother to you, and especially showed more emotion when alone, but not like this. Before you could press further he turned to you with a sadistic grin. "I can't wait for tomorrow. The Nomu is going to absolutely destroy All Might."

You decided to drop it for now. "I'm sure Sensei will be proud." You took the folder back and put it back in your bag. "Have you talked to him recently?"

"Yeah...." There was that hesitant tone again. You were sure that something happened between them, and it may have involved you.

Whatever it was, you didn't really care. If Sensei had a plan for you, you wouldn't disagree with it.