speeches and, oh great! an explosion

"okay then, everybody. moment of truth, our final mission," isogai said, a grim look on his face that mirrors everyone else's. after his words were given, the class ran off into the forest on the mountain of class 3-e, three hours until koro-sensei's death.

mako couldn't help the worry and irritation gnawing at her. the government taking everything into their own hands made her so angry, she had punched the ministry men that had been supposed to spy on her all week. whenever one was found by the girl —which, they all were, considering they weren't very good at hiding— she would knock that out in mere seconds, leaving the man to be picked up by his colleagues or whoever.

the teen could honestly not care.

which was part of the reason taking out all the ground grunts on their way up the mountain was so fucking fun for her. and, she also got to witness karma torture the shit out of these assholes, laughing quietly as the man screamed on the ground with wasabi and other spices being shoved up his nose.

"sorry, soldier. but hey, look on the bright side!  this is a testament to how difficult it is to make you scream! c'mon, man, i've gotta lure your buddies here, somehow, don't i? i think i can take down two or three more. hey, ritsu, what are the odds on that?"

mako wheezes in pain from laughing, making the redhead smirk and nagisa sweatdropped at the two of them.

"alright okajima, i'm there. about another 50 meters." she tuned out of his next words, instead opting to watch her classmates round up the next squads of armed soldiers. it was very fun to watch.

———

when the class came upon, like, one last guy standing between them and koro-sensei, the others initially thought that it would be quite easy to take him down.

it wasn't though, and that caused mako to go on edge, slipping into the shadows around her as her classmates tried to go up against the man. even her annoying redhead was pushed back by the man.

when nagisa swung down from the tree and stunned the guy, mako took her chance and lunged forward, punching the man hard enough to send him flying a small distance away from the group. karma kicked him to try and knock him out, then the redhead and blue haired boy high-five each other in victory.

terasaka, while stunning the guy, shouted, "hey dumbasses, what do ya think you're doing?! finish what you started instead of high-fiving each other like losers!"

snickering, mako goes over to assist, and smirks at the terrified man before knocking him out with a singular punch. the boys that had witnessed her feat of strength through the camera on itona's tank all flinch at the reminder of her insane amount of strength, almost feeling bad for the military man as mako cackled at his misfortune.

the class approach the barrier after making sure the man was bound and unable to interfere. they each go through easily, looking around to spot any sign of their teacher, only to find him standing near the tree at the entrance of the e-class area.

"i thought that sounded like you."

"koro-sensei..."

"you've come so far. look at you." everyone ran towards him at his words, but the ikebukuro native just smiled with burning eyes and approached behind the others. she didn't want anyone else seeing her emotions beginning to get the best of her like this, and she ignored the hand that tried to hold hers in a sign of comfort. it wasn't the time nor place for that, not with koro-sensei's death happening in a small matter of time.