festival and a small revelation

i ended up spending the last day of summer traveling with shizuo back to where i lived, and let me tell you, it was not an entertaining ride. some guy kept bugging my brother, and it only resulted in shizuo getting us kicked off that train and having to take another one, which only made the trip longer.

once we got back to my place, i was willing to just hang with my brother and chill and watch movies for the rest of the night, but while shizuo was setting up to spend the night since he didn't wanna have to take the train back when it was dark, i was visited by an annoying octopus.

"heiwajima-chan! where have you been, i was hoping to catch you sooner so you'd have more time to prepare for the summer festival!" he exclaims, and i deadpan at him.

"summer festival? what festival? also, i've been back home, so don't yell at me over stupid shit."

i roll my eyes, making him shriek once again at my blatant disrespect, but then he starts ranting on and on.

"i just thought of it today! let's go hang out and have some mindless fun with your classmates on the last day of summer! please say yes! almost everyone else had other plans!" he pleads.

"i mean i do, too, and-"

"nooooo! heiwajima-chan, i thought since your brothers aren't here, you wouldn't have anything going on!"

i scowl, seeing as he thought just because i didn't really have friends here that i wouldn't have plans. what an asshole. "for your information, i could've still been back home, you fucking-"

"ma? who is this? why does he look so weird? and why is he at the window?"

we both turn at the sound of shizuo's voice, and the octopus begins to freak out and scream.

"i am no one! i am just a figment of your imagination, good sir! i do not exist!"

"can it, octopus. he may have anger issues, but he's not stupid," i state, my brother scowling at me.

"shut up and explain, mako." i wince at his use of my full name, and the octopus continues shrieking at the top of his lungs. i take out one of my anti-octopus knives, swiping at one of his tentacles and managing to cut it off in his panicked state.

shizuo barely bats an eye at my action, but he does raise an eyebrow at the tentacle on the ground. he then glares at the octopus for his raise in volume, and i glare at him.

"octopus, shut the hell up. shizu-nii is cool, we already have enough shit that goes on back home to where you wouldn't phase him. i mean, seriously, get a grip. he won't tell a soul," i tell him, and shizuo raises an eyebrow at me before nodding in agreement.

koro-sensei calms down a bit, moving to sit on the couch, across from my brother who sits on a chair i had brought with me from the apartment back home. they both observe each other quietly, up until shizuo says, "so... you're an octopus."

i snort into my hand, earning a glare, but the octopus just shakes his head at the tall man.

"no, not really, it's just something i look similar to and that my students, especially your little sister, compare me to. now, i must inform you that you cannot reveal the information i tell you to anyone, understood? i am a government secret, so i am supposed to be under wraps."