shit hit the fan for real

i let out a soft groan as koro-sensei talks about another overview. we'd all been studying our asses off for the final exams, anticipation and nervousness having been eating away at us for days now. but the octopus was sure in keeping it from consuming any of us, keeping us distracted by our ideas of revenge and the competition with the main campus asshats.

"i assume you'll be aiming for the top spot, karma."

"i don't know. idiots like me have trouble getting their heads around the hard stuff," he states innocently, and i scoff at him. he just slides his smirk to me, making me freeze up before looking back to the octopus.

"moronic redhead..." i mutter, knowing he most likely heard me, but i didn't really care.

"now, as you know, for the first term midterms, i gave you all the objectives of placing in the top 50. my apologies for that. i was too impatient for results. nor did i take into account how gifted your opponents were. that said, things are different now; you've matured in mind and spirit. i'm confident the goal i set for you will be within reach. whatever the opposition has in store.

"this time, you'll place in the top 50, win your tickets back to the main campus, and, heads held high, proudly graduate from e-class once and for all!" the octopus says confidently, and i smile slightly. if he had that much confidence in us, then i didn't really have much of a doubt that we'd be able to live up to it.

i mean, beating expectations seems to be the thing we're all best at when it comes to this damn school.

but as soon as i heard the news from sugino, i went stiff in my seat.

'that bastard of a man is teaching them? those guys are gonna turn into fucking zombies or something'

even after a bit of time since the incident, i hadn't forgotten the blood i'd found on asano's shoes. i'd tried to confront him about it before but he just yelled at me and ran away. he was a jackass, that was for sure, but whatever the principal had done was bad. i already got enough bad vibes from the man, but from seeing his own son so panicked about me seeing blood on his shoes, i knew there was something up.

i swear to god if he's abusing that guy, i'm gonna beat him up so much he's gonna wish he was fucking dead. it doesn't matter how much i dislike that prick, nobody deserved to be subjected to a guy like the principal.

———

after school, we all left the mountain, an air of dread over us.

but we stopped dead in our tracks upon seeing asano leaning against one of the support beams, as if waiting for someone. and obviously, it was us he was doing so for.

he turns to us, an angry look on his face as he says, "it pains me that i have to say this, but i have a favor to ask of you. let me just cut to the chase. the principal... i need you people to kill him."

that definitely wasn't something we'd expected him to ask of us.

"bro what the fuck?" i sputter, staring at him wide eyed. his eyes flit to me for a few seconds before his scowl deepens and he turns his gaze back to the ground, closing his eyes as if in pain, afterwords.

"so to speak. i don't mean something like murdering him of course, that would be patently absurd. i mean, you should kill his philosophy."