i'm forced to be in this group

a few days after the results were given out, the students had been told to get into groups for the trip they were going on next week.

although it hadn't been very noticeable, some of her classmates had, in fact, noticed mako withdrawing herself even further from the class. she skipped most of the previous days classes and paid even less attention during lessons, full on ignoring her classmates and teachers when they tried to engage her.

so, when karma came up to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, trapping her and dragging her over to his group, she was obviously annoyed.

"let go of me, akabane."

"hm, let me think about that~... no~."

groaning, she tries to get away from the group, but the redhead has effectively trapped her with them. sighing, she looks over the others in their group as karma persuades nagisa to let her in their group, seeing okuda, the green haired girl named kayano, the class pretty girl kanzaki, and the baseball dude sugino.

'this oughta be interestingly annoying'

"hey, heiwajima-san, you're alright with being in our group?" nagisa questions nervously, a polite smile on his lips as he looks at her.

"i don't have a choice either way, so let's just pretend i'm here willingly."

"aw, come on, heiwajima~! there's no reason to be so bitter~!"

"shut up, ketchup hair!"

as the others discuss potential places to go to, mako lazily watched them, still held captive under the arm of the annoying redhead.

"you can let me go, i'm in the group whether i like it or not now, because of you," she growls, earning a teasing chuckle from the boy.

"i don't think so, heiwajima~."

the octopus enters the room and hands out huge itinerary books for the trip, and while most of the other students struggle and complain about the weight, mako easily holds it, making the redhead raise an eyebrow.

"it's not too heavy, is it~? i can carry it for you if it's too much~?" he teases, but she just growls at him with a harsh glare.

'this trip better be worth my time'

———

"yes, shizu-nii, i have everything i need for the trip. no, the girls are sleeping in a separate room. what do you take this for, a brothel?"

"well sorry for worrying about my little sister being taken advantage of, like a normal brother."

"you're not normal, dude. also, if you see kasu-nii at all, tell him i say hello and good luck with his filming."

"why not tell him yourself?"

"i don't wanna bother him. anyways, i gotta go. bye."

hanging up, i turn back to the others in my group who had been paying attention to the bitch and her little "predicament".

"who was that, heiwajima-san?" kanzaki asks curiously, and since i'm tired and trying to play nice, i answer.

"my brother. he wanted to make sure i wouldn't do anything stupid during the trip."

"wow, you have a brother!? how come you've never mentioned him?" kayano asks excitedly, and i turn to her.

"i actually have two, and it's just never come up. it's not like i've tried to be friends with anyone, and even if i had, i'm pretty sure you all would've avoided me anyways because i'm a bitch."

they pause as they think over what i said, but i just lean back in my seat and look away from them.

"well, we're friends now, aren't we?" nakamura questions with a grin as she hangs over the seat from above me, and i shrug.

"i guess."

"you know, now that i think about it, your last name sounds really familiar, heiwajima-chan," kayano states, a pensive look on her face, and i tense up slightly at what that could mean.

"you're right, kayano-chan! her last name sounds a lot like that one actor's, hanejima yuuhei!" one of the other girls pipes up, and i sink a bit into my chair.

"oh my god, he's so handsome! if only regular guys looked as good as him!"

hearing the other girls go off talking about my own brother just made me want to gag. like, that's my brother they're thirsting over!

"oh, look at this picture of him! now that i think about it, you look kinda like him, heiwajima-chan," kataoka says, looking between a picture on her phone and me, the other girls doing the same as i slide down in my seat.

"guys, it's probably just a coincidence. i mean, seriously, how likely is it that i'm related to someone famous? besides, his hair is brown and mine is blonde, anyways. also, there are japanese people who look alike and aren't related. plus, we don't even have the same last name," i try to convince, and while they seem to take those things into consideration, the octopus and karma both give me looks as if they know something.

'goddammit'

while the other three girls go get something to drink, i look to my side to see said redhead still staring at me.

"what? what's so interesting about me that's got you staring, huh?"

he just smirks, leaning on his hand and getting closer to me.

"oh, nothing~. just wondering what else you could be hiding other than brothers~."

pushing his face away from me, i turn back to the other two boys who watch us in confusion.

"y'all are weird," i comment, putting on some headphones while they deadpan at my choice of words.

———

arriving at the hotel, i ignore my complaining classmates and make sure i have all my stuff while three of my classmates try to stab the octopus.

kanzaki is rummaging in her bag trying to find her miniature itinerary, upset about most likely losing it.

"well, i guess we should just get ready for bed and get some rest. tomorrow's gonna be a busy day," nagisa says, trying to be cheerful for the girls, and sugino nods.

"night," i say to them, leaving to go get changed and try to get some sleep.

lord knows i've barely gotten any these last couple weeks.

[]

just felt like updating ig since i've written the next few chapters already