epilogue 2

"niko, hurry up! you don't want to be late for school!"

"just a minute!"

"you said that five minutes ago, kid, i don't think your mom is gonna hold out much longer."

a few seconds after those words left the redhead's lips, footsteps came pounding down the hall, and in entered a boy with darkened skin and wide, frantic eyes as he searched for the dual haired woman.

"grab your lunch and put on your shoes in the car," said woman states, already walking out the door with two younger children.

karma lets out a chuckle, ruffling the boys' hair as he grabbed his lunch and made towards the door. his son smiles gratefully up at him, taking off his house slippers and snatching up his shoes to put on in the car like his mother had said.

mako had finished strapping in the younger two of her children, the little girl giggling at seeing her eldest brother rush into his seat.

the two adults share an amused look as nikolai buckles up, and after both of them were as well, mako was pulling out of the driveway.

"now, remember, you need to help kazu get to his class, alright? he isn't familiar with the school yet, so you have to help him at first," the woman states, keeping her eyes on the road as she drives in the direction of the primary school. the way had become familiar to her once more, seeing as she'd gone to the exact primary school when she was their age.

"yes, mom, i got it. marcie is going with uncle kasuka and aunt ruri today, right?" the seven-year-old questions, and karma gives a hum of agreement to tell their oldest child he was correct.

eventually, the family of five pulled up to nikolai and kazuya's school, and the younger boy couldn't help his nervousness. but his older brother encouraged him with a smile, and they waved the entire way to the school, making the couple almost start crying.

"is this what nagisa felt when they sent little aguri off too school for the first time?" mako questions rhetorically, trying to stop herself from crying. karma just shrugs, taking her hand and urging her to start driving once more.

they stopped around 25 minutes later at the apartment of her brother and sister-in-law, both taking their daughter up to the apartment where kasuka greets them with a small smile.

"now, marcella, are you going to be a good girl for uncle kasu and auntie ruri?" the redhead bends down to talk to the adorable little girl with tanned skin and wide dark eyes. marcella nods quickly, grinning mischievously at her father before running at both him and her mother and hugging them tight.

once that was over, she ran over to kasuka and was scooped up into his arms, the older heiwajima hugging his sister before ushering her and her husband out the door.

once back in the car, karma and mako share a look that has them smiling lovingly at each other.

"i hate you so much, you asshole."

he lets out a loud laugh, bringing her face in his hands and pressing a light kiss to her lips.

"i love you, too, little peace."

seeing as karma had gotten into the drivers side when they got back into the vehicle, mako let herself think over the last seven or so years.