23| Judgement

"Tsukauchi, have you figured anything new out yet?" The Erasure hero queried, he knew they were running out of time, the clues Deku had left were too complicated but if he had left them, it meant the greenette was counting on the heroes he claimed that he had no faith left it.

"There isn't much to go on from, Aizawa. Midoriya is a smart kid, to crack his code, you need someone; not only smart but also who thinks the way he does." The detective tattled on the topic, looking at the various notes that hung on the board, red ink highlighting most, he ran his hand over the vigilante's handwriting.

"This is impossible. It's like he freaking knew he would get kidnapped." Aizawa sighed in frustration, it had been nearly two months, and this is how far they could get? Truly pitiful.

"What if he did?" The ravenette stated, looking at the date of the paper he had put his hand over.

"Don't be ridiculous Tsukauchi, I really don't think he would be okay with that, the league of villains killed his father."

"He--" Tsukauchi begun but with the door opening he paused.

"Hey, dad? It's kinda getting late... Are those the notes on Izuku's kidnapping?" Hitoshi peeked inside the room, then walking inside further.

"Hitoshi, like you said kiddo; go back to bed-" The erasure hero complained, but the detective cut him off. "Hold on, Hitoshi-kun, could you come here for a second?"

"Sure?" The purple head was confused but as he looked over to his father, who gave a nod and grabbed his cup of coffee, he followed suit.

"When you look at these, can you see anything that he could be trying to tell us? Anything that was between you two? Even a small conversation could be of help in this case." Tsukauchi asked, waiting for his response.

The purplenette's indigo eyes gazed over the papers and truth be told, he couldn't make any sort of connection.

"Wait have you seen any other doodle on the rest of the papers?" He asked, his eyes landing on a paper with a chocolate cake doodle that was drawn to the bottom left corner of a map like sketch and a bunch of numbers.

"No, not at all..." Aizawa answers immediately, hoping at least his son figures something out.

"Chocolate cake... Chocolate cake... Chocolate cake-- The chocolate cake! Remember when he ate an entire cake by himself? You and Yamada had a date that day and Auntie Nemuri was here to watch him since he was grounded."

"But what does that mean?" Tsukauchi questioned with a puzzled look on his face, "He wasn't allowed to have his phone. What if the numbers around the cake bubble aren't so random after all?"

"You're suggesting that he called that number from Nem's phone?" Aizawa makes the connection, and Hitoshi nods.

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

"Track the calls made by Midnight's cell phone, and the rest that doesn't match, use them as your coordinator. The doodle is on a paper with a sketch after all," he yawned, all be damned, he had been studying for the midterm exams and he had been studying hard.

Surely his body would give up being stubborn and grant him an at least 6 hours of sleep tonight, considering he hadn't exactly slept for a week.

"Alright, thank you for your help Mr insomniac, off to bed now, enough studying 'n blasting music." Aizawa got up, patting the sleepy boy's shoulder and kicking him out of the study room.

"You should thuck him to bed, Aizawa." The ravenette joked and poured himself a cup of water, "Hilarious."

"Maybe he should take over the case, huh detective?" He snapped back, a grin on his face as he fished his phone out of his pocket, "He will make a good hero someday, you should be proud of him."