4| Mom

(A/N: Mention of suicide in this chapter, sorry in advance... Also holy shit-- 200 views?! I'm tearing up!!! Thank you sooo much!!! OK, you can keep reading now.)

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪

-----

"Izuku! Honey, dinner is ready!!" I heard my mom say and rushed to the living room. Her voice filled with joy, nothing out of the ordinary, it was a lovely evening.

I smelled the warm katsudon she had made, my favourite. "It smells amazing mom!" I said as I sat down.

She was smiling but... it seemed rather fake..? Did she always smile sadly... I never really thought about it.

As we ate, we talked about school, and her job and how dad would be visiting sometime soon. I understood that he had to work overseas but I missed him, plus I feel like a burden to my mom sometimes.

She's practically a single parent, and I'm a useless quirkless son, just like everyone says at school. If only I had a quirk maybe people would leave me alone and mom would be able to be proud of me...

After watching some tv, my mom put me to bed and kissed my forehead, she had a sad look on her face, yet she was smiling. She left my room and before closing the door...

"Goodnight, Izuku my baby, I love you and I always will."

I softly smiled, thinking how much she really loved someone like me...

"I love you too mom... Goodnight!"

She covered her mouth with her hands, her cotton felling hair was untied and I could see her shaking, she was always like this when she was holding back tears. I wanted to ask her what was wrong but I didn't.

-----

I regret that every day.

-----

She weakly gave out a carrying smile and whispered the word, 'Goodbye'. It was barely audible, and I was left confused, but things were alright with her... they always were, she's always smiling, isn't she. If she were sad then she sure wouldn't smile...right?

After an hour of turning to left and right countless times in my bed, I heard crying. It broke my heart since I knew who was crying. I slowly put my covers away and held my toy in on hand as I hopped out of my All Might themed bed.

Turning the doorknob, I took a deep breath and with slow steps I made my way to the living room, the cries had quieted down, "Maybe I'm exaggerating a little, surely mom would tell me if something was wrong..." I thought and reached the living room.

Right as I opened the door, a loud bang echoed, making me jump. Without thinking things through, I opened the door and my heart dropped.

The piece of heavy metal hit the floor as the blood on the seafoam coloured walls slowly made its way down, as slow as possible. My toy slipped away from my grasp and fell, not even a thud was heard.

It was quiet.

Too quiet.

My ears were ringing from the sound that the damn bullet had caused. I couldn't move. I was frozen right there. Standing in front of my mother's dead body. I could have sworn her pink lips had cracked a painful smile.

Her last smile.

I could do nothing about it, only stare. My mind went blank and suddenly, my knees started to shake. "Mom...?" the word escaped my mouth, my heart was aching.