Teasing

I updated it :D BE PROUD OF ME

Third Person Pov

Harry paced nervously around the living room, his mind in overdrive. An unconscious Draco was currently lying on his bed, being examined by Remus and Sirius. Well, Remus. Sirius was quietly standing to the side, ready to assist, should Remus need him. Harry felt sick with worry. He hadn't eaten since they had arrived home from the mall. His naturally messy hair was a lot worse than normal and his eyes were unfocused. He was a wreck.

Harry's foot caught the edge of the rug and he pitched forward. Rather than stretch out his arms to catch himself, Harry allowed himself to face-plant the floor, acquiring the beginings of a bruise on his forehead. He was too worried about Draco to be concerned about anything else. Was Draco alright? Should they have gone straight to St Mungos? Oh, Merlin. Was it his fault? If he hadn't stormed off, if he hadn't stopped at the bathroom, if he had just stayed with Draco, then this wouldn't have happened. Harry closed his eyes and, for the first time in his life, prayed to the muggle God, begging for Draco to be okay.

It was at this precise moment, that Hermione entered the room. She took one look at the sprawled-out figure on the ground and sighed. "Harry come here." Her voice was soft and comforting but also left no room for arguments. She carefully stepped over Harry and lowered herself into the couch, waiting for him to get up and join her.

Harry did not want to get up. However, because it was Hermione, he gathered up the last of his energy and lifted himself off the floor. He stood unsteadily for a moment, swaying slightly, before dropping next to Hermione.

Hermione took a second to take in her best friends' shambled appearance. Honestly, he looked like absolute shit. Hermione knew from experience that this was not one of those times where she had to be kind and sympathetic. She knew that he was most likely blaming himself and for her to force him out of that headspace, she had to dish out the tough love.

Hermione inhaled deeply and shifted her body to face her friend. "Harry", she started. "Listen. This is not your fault, okay? You are being a moron if you think it is. No one thinks it's your fault and neither should you. No one could have prevented this. So stop this self-pity party and help me make this place more comfortable for Draco when he wakes up. I doubt he wants to wade through all this filth just to make some tea."

Her sharp tone pierced through the little bubble in his mind and he shook his head as if to clear it. His eyes slowly became more focused and he seemed to have gained back a bit of energy. He rose slowly off the couch and walked away, wobbling slightly. Hermione watched as the concerned boy walked to the kitchen.

Harrys POV

I flicked the kettle on and slumped against the kitchen bench as I waited for the water to boil. My mind was a bit clearer after Hermione's little talk but still, I was worried. What on earth had caused Draco to faint? And to make matter worse my new cuts were starting to hurt. I hadn't cleaned them because I'd wanted to get back to Draco. I was starting to regret that now. The kettle clicked and I lifted my head to look at it. Steam fizzled out the spout. If you weren't selfish, Draco would be okay. I shook my head. If you had stayed by him, he wouldn't have fainted. I slammed my fists on the bench.

"Harry?? Is everything okay in there?"

"Everything's fine 'mione, just dropped a cup"

It was my fault. Poor Draco. It was all my fault. My vision went blurry and I realised that my eyes had started to fill with tears. I blinked them, away angrily. I didn't deserve to cry. Draco was the one who was hurt, not me. I raised to eyes to the kettle again.

Hermione's POV

Harry was spending an awful lot of time in the kitchen. Surely it didn't take that long to make a cup of tea? I finished picking up the last of the mess on the floor and with a quick wave of my wand and a muttered spell, it all disappeared. I decided I should check on Harry. He shouldn't be left alone while he's in this state.  Remember last time? I shook slightly, remembering. It was not a pleasant memory and was definitely one I would rather not relive.

As soon as I stepped foot into the kitchen, I gasped. Harry was standing with his arm over the sink, pouring water from the kettle onto his arm. It had clearly boiled as it was burning his skin.

"HARRY!"

Harrys POV

Hermione ripped the kettle from my grasp. I blinked. Why'd she have to do that? I deserved it. I closed my eyes. I wanted to scream. I wanted to die. I wanted Draco to be okay...

I opened my eyes and watched as Hermione placed the kettle back on its stand. Then I watched as she silently made the tea that I had failed to. I'm such a horrible friend. She has to do everything. She has to deal with all my bullshit. Once Hermione had made the tea, she let it sit on the counter and turned to me. I mentally braced myself in case she decided to yell at me. Instead of yelling, she placed her hand on my face and gently stroked my cheek. My body went stiff. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes again.

"Let's go see Draco"

She took my hand off my face and turned away to pick up the cup of tea. Then she briskly walked out of the kitchen, careful not to spill a drop of tea. I took in a deep breath, rubbed my eyes, and followed her.

She led me to my own bedroom and went in. I paused by the doorway. What if Draco was dead? What if Sirius and Remus were mad at me? What if he hated me? What if Draco was seriously injured? What if they all hated me? It was my fault after all...

"Harry?"

Sirius. I looked up and met his eyes. They betrayed nothing. I wondered if that was good or bad news. Shaking my head to get rid of my thoughts, I took Sirius's, now outstretched, hand and stepped into my room.