Snakes

Draco's pov.
"Draco! Breakfast!"
I grinned. It was my second day of staying at Harry's. So far it had been wonderful. His godfathers treated me like a second son. We had gone to a muggle park yesterday. We had worn muggle clothes and I had loved them. They were so comfortable and free. We had a picnic there before going back home and having a movie marathon. I hadn't known what movies were and when I found out... let's just say Spider-man could totally kick Batman's butt. Someone ran into my room and I immediately knew who it was.
"Harry! Get out!"
They had extended the house so I could have my own room. Harry ran to my bed and jumped on me.
"Get up! Get up!"
This was apparently how Harry woke people up. Sirius had told me I would get used to it.
"H-Harry. Get off"
I croaked. Harry grinned and pulled out some muggle clothes from my drawers.
"Hurry up and get dressed you wet sandwich. I want breakfast!"
I shook my head at him.
"Did you just call me a wet sandwich? And get out"
Harry winked at me and strolled out of my room. When he was gone I went over to the clothes he had chosen. Surprisingly they looked quite good. He had chosen an emerald green jumper with long black jeans. He had also picked out some dark grey sneakers and had taken out a silver snake necklace. I took a moment to admire the beautiful piece of jewellery. It was a black chain with two sapphires and a silver snake with emerald eyes in the middle. As I watched the snake hissed at me and I understood what it said! It said, read the note. I saw a piece of paper stuck to the snake. I tugged at it and the paper fell into my hands. It read;
Draco
This necklace is for you. The snake will enable you to communicate with me in parseltongue. Whatever I say in parseltongue you will understand if you hold the snake. If you hold onto it, it will enable you to speak in parseltongue. I hope you like it. Also, you can communicate with Sirius and Remus via the sapphires. The one on the left for Sirius and the one on the right for Remus. If you want to that is.
- Harry
I stared in shock at the note, a smile slowly making its way across my face. He was amazing! I threw on the clothes and the necklace and ran downstairs.
"Omg, I love it!"
I squealed. Remus and Sirius smirked.
"Told you so"

Harrys pov.
Remus and Sirius smirked.
"Told you so"
I glared at them. I turned to Draco smiling.
"Really? It doesn't seem, I don't know, clingy at all?"
I had been extremely nervous to give it to him. I decided to test it out.
Hey Draco, I hissed in parseltongue. Draco's head shot up.
"What did you say?"
"Put the snake in your hand"
He did so. I tried again. Hey Draco. This time he looked up in excitement.
"I understood that!"
Draco hissed back, still holding the snake, thanks potter I love it.
"Treat the snake with respect Draco. Ask for its name."
Draco whispered to the snake. Then he sat up.
"Everyone meet Silver! Silver meet Remus, Sirius and Harry"
He said pointing to each one of us in turn. The snake hissed hello. I grinned.
We all sat down to eat breakfast. I noticed Draco was being a little quiet. That's weird I thought.

Draco's pov.
After Harry gave me the communication necklace I began to think. Harry loved snakes. That was clear. If I could get him one.....
My thoughts were interrupted by a banging at the front door. I opened my door and headed downstairs. When I reached the bottom, Harry, Sirius and Remus were all at the front door.
"Who is it?"
Sirius called.
"Hermione Granger!"
Harry walked closer to the door.
"How can we know it's you?"
I heard a sigh come from the other side of the door.
"My full name is Hermione Jean Granger. My best friends are Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. I punched Draco Malfoy in the face in the third year and according to Harry I am a huge nerd."
Sirius went to open the door but Harry stopped him. That's obvious. He mouthed. Sirius nodded. Harry shouted at the door.
"What did you tell me a few weeks before Christmas that no one else knows about?"
A frustrated yell came from the other side of the door.
"Fuck you, Harry James Potter. I'm gay! There! Let me in you dickhead!"
Harry laughed.
"That's Hermione. No one swears like that at the golden boy."
Sirius opened the door. Hermione stormed in and promptly slapped Harry with force.
"You, Mister Potter, are a dick! You just exposed me in front of you're godfathers!"
Harry rubbed his cheek.
"Owwww"
Sirius grinned.
"Come in Mione"
The bushy-haired Gryffindor turned around and caught sight of me.
"You!"
She said. Her words were filled with hate. I knew I deserved this but it still hurt to be hated this much.
"Hermione wait!"
Harry cut in front her, blocking me with himself.
"Please listen! He's changed!"
Hermione glared daggers at me over Harry's shoulder.
"This boy? The one that called me a You- know- what for years? The one that made fun of my teeth until I used a spell to shorten them? The one always looked down at us? Yeah right, Harry."
She then stormed off to the lounge room. I'll deal with her, Remus mouthed to us. Harry nodded and grabbed my hand pulling me upstairs. I felt electric where he touched me. My stomach fluttered and I felt as light as air to have him holding my hand. When we got to Harry's room he pulled me inside and we sat together on his bed.

Harrys pov.
Draco looked very uncomfortable.
"Hey,"
Draco looked at me.
"It's okay you know."
I went on.
"She is just mad. She'll come around. And none of what you did is your fault. You have a crazy father. You were pressured. And can I ask... why were you mean to me after the night when we met up and talked?"
I had wanted an answer to this question for a long time. Draco sighed.
"Well... after I came back inside Pansy found me. She asked if I was seeing another girl because, you know. Our arranged marriage? Yeah. Anyway, I told her there wasn't and she asked if it was a boy instead. I hesitated and she found out my secret."
I glanced at Draco before staring at the floor. Did he have a secret boyfriend?
"What secret?"
I asked. Draco sniffled.
"That- That - That... IM GAY!"
Draco yelled at the end and jumped up and ran out of my room, crying. 
I sat there for a second. Draco is gay? Maybe I do have a chance with him!! I gathered my thoughts and ran after him. He was in his room crying in his bed. I sat down with him.
"Draco?"
I asked softly.
He whipped his head up.
"GO ON! YELL AT ME, LAUGH AT ME! HIT ME EVEN JUST HURRY UP AND DO IT!!"
He burst into floods of tears.
"Draco!"
I gasped.
"Draco did you know that I'm gay too. I haven't told Sirius or Remus yet. Or Hermione and Ron. You're the first to know."
He raised his head and looked at me.
"Really?"
I nodded. He seemed to look a lot happier after that. Then I remembered something he had said.
"Why did you say to hit you? Has someone hit you?"
I was really concerned and suddenly Draco burst into tears. I shuffled closer to him and hugged him.
"I-If I tell you why I said that will you tell me why you have all those scars"
I froze. How the fuck did he know? Suddenly I remembered the note that was with me in Myrtle's bathroom. That was Draco?! It all made sense. I realised I hadn't answered him.
"Yeah okay."
Draco took a deep breath and then said,
"So Pansy figured out that I was gay and she made me be rude and mean to you again. I did it because she said she would out me if I didn't. She is extremely homophobic. When I got home I went to my room. the next day my father stormed into my room and dragged me to the torture chamber. Yes, we have one of those. My father Crucio'd me over and over again. He snapped my wand and left after hours of torture. I left the chamber through a back door. I crept through the house and left through the front door. I walked in the snow for ages then I saw that the houses on this street were only numbered 11 and 13. There was no twelve so I figured that it had to be a hidden house. I kept shooting revealing spells until the house appeared. I banged on the door and when you opened the door I fainted from the cold and exhaustion."

I stared at Draco, shocked. His father had used an Unforgivable Curse on him. Poor Draco. He was so strong.

"C'mon Harry it's your turn to tell me about your scars."
I sighed.

"Okay so until I was 13 I lived with my muggle Aunt, Uncle and Cousin. My Cousin, Dudley, always used to beat me up. Sometimes it was to show off to his friends or sometimes it was just for fun. My Aunt used to make me cook all their meals and make me do all the chores. If I burnt or undercooked the food then she would hold my hand against a hot pan until it burned really bad. Sometimes she would even stick my head in the oven.  If I screwed up my chores then she would fill the sink to the brink and them she would dunk my head in it repeatedly. My Uncle was the worst of the three. H- he would... come into my room at night and rip off my pants. He- he would... rape me..."

I stopped talking. All the memories were flooding back. I began sobbing. Draco hugged me. I melted into the hug, crying into his shoulder. Draco began to rub my back and I started hiccuping as I tried to stop crying.  I felt bad for ruining Dracos shirt but he didn't seem to mind. He just kept rubbing my back and telling me it was okay. I didn't even notice Remus and Sirius standing by the door, watching us.