𝟬𝟬𝟭

!!!!

!
!
!
!

Baby.

This word has more than one meaning. Sometimes it is an insult to little children when they cry. Sometimes it a nickname for your significant other. But sometimes, it could mean a baby in the mother's womb.

Just like one in yours. You had just now found out that you were pregnant. Holding the pregnancy test in your shaky hands was harder and harder every minute. You aren't ready for a child. And neither is your boyfriend. 

You were scared of his reaction. Never did you guys discuss about parenting, so the chances are 50/50. "My dear, what are you doing? I have been knocking for the past five minutes."

Indirectly throwing the test to the trash can, you swung around and hugged his body tightly. This may be your last hug with him, and you were aware of that. "Niko, it is rude to barge in the toilet while someone is inside. Whatever, I made you dinner." 

"Forgive me my little bird, I was just scared you were doing something to yourself. Although, I do have something to tell you."

You carefully removed yourself from him and looked him in the eyes. "Well, I have something to tell you too actually...You go first."

He clasped his hands and shoved a piece of paper in your face. It was actually a contract for a job...aboard... Your eyes looked over the paper, reading it 3 times to be sure that you read it correctly.

"Japan...but we...we live in Russia. Are we moving there?"

"Before I go away—" Wait what. Your eyes widened, lips slightly apart. He didn't mean this. He couldn't. All the years. All the memories. He wouldn't leave...Would he?

"You— you are joking right?" He didn't answer you. He kept smiling like a maniac. "You can't leave me! You can't leave us!"

He blinked once. Twice. Trice. "I am pregnant with your child you idiot!" He was surprised. Very. He wasn't mad. But he wasn't happy either. "I already signed the contract." 

You scoffed, snatching the paper from his hand.

"So you are choosing your job over raising your own child?" Once again, you were left without explanation. Whatsoever, he turned his back to you and stopped to say something.

"Goodbye, my little bird."

Months had passed, coming and leaving. You didn't know where Nikolai was. He didn't keep in touch. But that doesn't matter anymore. You moved on.

You found a husband who is not only a good partner to you but an awesome father to your child. Your husband has gotten a few days off and you all decided to travel to Yokohama. A truly beautiful city.

You were all strolling through the streets, stopping at some shops here and there. A familiar face sighted you. His heart picked its pace and his legs started moving by themselves. He saw only you and your child, not your husband.

Until he came running towards you as you welcomed him with a smile making Nikolai's own smile drop. He stopped in his tracks to get a better look at your family.

Your husband dropped a few things in the cart, pleading that you buy them. You stared at him for a moment before agreeing. Both he and your child cheered as they went off to buy more things.

You sighed before pushing the cart and chasing after them. It would have been easier if you weren't pregnant with your second child.

"At least they're happy."

Imagine another character you love as your husband ;)