𝟬𝟬𝟮

!
!
!
!

They say, that if the groom sees the bride before marriage, it will result in bad luck and unhappy marriage. But Dazai Osamu didn’t care. He desperately wanted to see the love of his life before the start of the ceremony.

His feet were slowly—carefully leading him to your dressing room.

His heart was longing to see you, wearing that white wedding dress he helped you pick out.

He sneaked into your dressing room, covering his eyes with his hands. “May I look.”

You chucked lightly at his behaviour and removed his hands from his eyes. “You may.”

You looked so beautiful, so perfect to him.

He loved the way you styled your hair. He loved the way the dress fit you so flawlessly. He loved the way your eyes looked at him without being able to conceal the excitement.

However, most of all he loved the way your lips moved while you were talking to him. He wanted—needed to kiss you.

Yet, he knew you wouldn’t let him.

“It’s time you know, for us to walk down that aisle.”

The smile he had on his face while saying that, you could fall in love with it.

He extended his hand and you took it. Hand in hand, you headed to the wedding venue.

Wedding bells were ringing, people were looking. Dazai smiled warmly at you and together, you walked down the aisle.

Then, it was the moment to let go.

His steps came to halt but you continued to walk in front of him, gently brushing your fingertips against his hand before letting go of it completely.

You were now standing next to your future husband and Dazai stood behind you.

He was standing there, silently praying that a miracle happens and you somehow choose him.

It was so hard to keep his words to himself when he had a chance to object to this marriage.

He wished to object. He wanted to tell everyone that he loves you. He wanted to stand next to you at the altar, not behind you. Not as a friend, but as a lover.

He knew he couldn’t. He isn’t going to ruin your perfect day because of his feelings. He will always support you, even as your friend.

Dazai knew that the groom seeing the bride would ruin the marriage, but what does it have to do with him when he isn't the groom...