[6] Reciting

Today was a test for clay, it'd been two weeks now since he met george. He'd played it off casually, getting to know him more. They'd streamed together, played video games and stayed up late at night on calls. Today was a thursday, clay knew it was georges routine to feed the ducks at hyde park every thursday, so he was going to pretend to accidentally bump into him.

Except he put the locket on, the locket Henry had given him back in 1807, henry had gotten sick. He caught cholera, he soon died. Their love was something irreplaceable, so clay thought until he met the reincarnation of henry, but this was philip. He passed away in the first world war, Clay went back to florida then returned to london after a few decades. Where he met Louis in 1993, they soon fell in love. Louis was another reincarnation of henry. All of the boys resembled eachother greatly, each carrying a memory of their past lives. Louis was diagnosed with cancer in 1995, he passed in 1996. Ironically this was the year George was born.

Clay walked, he looked up seeing george in his usual spot on the bench throwing his mix out to the ducks.
He decided to walk past and act like he didn't notice

"Clay!" George beamed with excitement, this startled the ducks slightly and he threw his hand over his mouth
"Oh hey george, didn't see you there"
"You know i come here every thursday, i'm not stupid. If you wanted to see me you could've just said so" george giggled as clay took a seat beside him.
"maybe i was just too shy"
"clay, shy? pffft"
"it happens!"
"yeah right" george shook his head, but then his eyes caught the locket draping from clays neck.

Something about it struck him, he'd seen it before he was sure of it, it was possible clay had worn it before. Yet this felt like a much more distant memory, one he wasn't sure he'd even be able to recover

"the locket, have you worn it before?"
"no, first time" clay chuckled taking it into his hands
"i could've sworn i'd seen it before"
"I KNEW IT!" clay yelled, this startled george
"what?"
"sorry nothing, my mind wandered"
"you're really weird sometimes clay"
"yeah, i noticed"
"so where did you get it, it looks old, no offence of course"
"it is old, 1807 to be exact"
"how on earth did you end up with something that old, surely it should be in a museum or something"
"it's personal to me"
"right" george sounded uncertain, clay was acting peculiar.

-

That night george got into bed, he thought about the day and how strange clay had been acting in the last two weeks. It was slightly off putting but he was still so incredibly drawn in by the man.

His eyes fluttered shut and his breathing slowed and before he knew it he was asleep.

"Clay, i've never wanted you more than i do right now"
"henry- what if people see! What if your mother walks in"
"To hell with them! What we have, this is unique. I won't just let them get in the way of what we have"
Clay paused, he leant against the wooden wall, peaking out of the window. The streets were empty.

Henry grabbed his wrist, pulling him close
"Just kiss me damn it!" he demanded
Clay raised his shakey hand to henry's face, eventually cupping his cheek.
He pulled him close, their lips interlocked.
Clay broke apart
"clay that was magnificent"
"Henry i'm not who you believe me to be"
"you're clay; who else would you be"
"Something supernatural henry, something that would result in a stake to the heart and a gruesome end for yourself"
"a stake to the heart- you're not saying you're, surely not"
"Vampire"
"Vampire?"
Clay nodded, he pulled his shirt down slightly, revealing a scarred over bite mark at the back of his neck.
"i don't care! I'll go to hell for you clay, turn me into what you are"
"henry i cant- it's not right"
"do it clay!"
"The rules- i cant!"
Henry ripped the locket off of his neck, he opened clays hand and placed it inside.
"If you won't take me with you, atleast take this, so when i'm gone you have part of me with you"

George bolted awake, a hot sweat falling from him.
The locket he saw in his dream was the same one that dangled clays neck that day.

Henry? Who was henry.
A vampire, that's ridiculous. Maybe george had been watching too many movies late at night, they've begun messing with his mind, surely?

But why did the room he saw in his dream feel so familiar, the stone flooring, the dark wooden supports. The ruffled animal skin blanket draped across the floor, it all felt so familiar to him.

George put his head back down.
He was just tired
that was it
tired.

a/n

chapterly theory section :)

love u guys