[17] Dangerous Game

That night george couldn't sleep, he was incredibly frustrated with the situation of the day. He began feeling slightly unsafe, to add to it now it was thursday. The first day in years he wouldn't be able to complete his weekly routine of feeding the ducks. Something that added to his frustration greatly.

George had made sure the routine was completed weekly since he was 11. 13 years, every week for 13 years. But today that was breaking, he felt relatively guilty for it.

Georges mother didn't like ducks very much, she found them noisy and rather irritating. But she tolerated them because george loved them so much, he was brought up having duck toys, duck related films and even posters. He never really had a specific reasoning as a child for liking them so much, every child had phases. George probably would've grown out of his if his mother didn't die.

It was a thursday like any other, he went to the park with his mother to feed the ducks. It was rather late at night as she finished work late but george was persistent on wanting to go, so with a sigh she put her coat on and took the eager boy.

The park was gloomy, yet george wasn't scared he was ecstatic with joy. They reached their usual bench, it overlooked some houses across the lake, his mother sat observing whilst he stood quietly throwing out the oat and sweet corn mix. His mother smiled seeing the look of excitement on georges face, glad she could make her son happy.

But by the time george finished and turned around, his mother was dead. The doctors told him she'd had a heart attack, if he wasn't so occupied by the birds he may have noticed the signs, but then again. he was merely a child, would he have even known what to do?

George went to live with his dad after that, his father was a kind man, he always had a smile. Despite him and his mother being divorced, they always maintained a friendly relationship between eachother. No matter what georges father put him first.

George turned his head and he watched clays chest rise and fall, his mind still agitated.

His throat began to feel rather dry, with a deep breath he crawled out of the bed as quietly as possible in an attempt to go to the kitchen, careful to not startle his boyfriend.

He managed to leave the room, shutting the door with a silent click of the lock.

Despite the darkness surrounding the rooms, he navigated his way to the kitchen. He breathed a sigh of relief knowing nobody else was awake

He grabbed a glass from a countertop, he rinsed it and filled it with tap water. He'd never been fussed about whether or not it was tap or bottled, he knew clay would be rather particular about it though.

George heard a grunt and turned, his eyes tracing over the darkness trying to find the location of the sound. He placed the glass down carefully and continued to look around

"you seem fearful george" the voice was none but a southern american accent. The texans, sapnap.

"i don't think i'll ever understand what causes you to be such an arsehole but no nick, i'm not afraid of you" george let out a chuckle, a grin growing.

George blinked and nick was beside him, grabbing his wrist. George winced feeling the grip tighten

"You should be afraid george"

"why's that" georges face began forming a red colour through the repressed pain he was trying hard not to show

"because i could kill you right now. i could injure you so badly it would be unfixable"

"but you wouldn't" george chuckled despite his eyes welling with tears

"i wouldn't push your luck"

nick released the grip and george grabbed his wrist, his face scrunching as he touched it. It was painful to touch, it was definitely going to be bruised by the morning

"just do us a favour and fuck off" nick mumbled

"you're just a dickhead"

"you talk rather badmouthed for someone at a major disadvantage"
"you wouldn't hurt me because you care for clay too much"
"you really think i care what he has to say?" nick let out a laugh, mocking georges words
"im not stupid nick, this little-" he paused "circus. this show you put on to intimidate me isn't you, it's how you want to be perceived and whether that's as a major bastard or somebody who cares too much for those he holds close to him but is too much of a pussy to admit it, is up to you" as georges words finished pouring from his mouth he felt a harsh slap against his cheek, he instantly clutched for it

nick looked as if he wanted to say something, but he held back. He grunted like an angry bull and hit a cupboard as he walked off, george rubbed the now throbbing side of his face.

George was glad he stuck up for himself for once; yet now he believed he'd made the situation so much more worse than it already was.

He shook it off and put his glass in the sink and trailed back to bed.

He cuddled up to clay, tears involuntarily began to fall from his eyes and a small sniffle escaped. He wiped his eyes as quick as the tears fell and clutched onto his boyfriend.

a/n

how do we feel about nicks character o_O

opinions on dream and george

also how did we feel about the introduction of schlatt :D

any characters you'd like to see?

love u guys <3333