[35] A letter

(6/10 by dodie - feel free to listen as you read <3)

Clay wiped his eyes, nick and bad had told him to stay in his room until he calmed down. They said that they could all make an arrangement when he was in a better headspace.

He let out a deep breath; running a hand through his hair.

He heard a poof and turned behind him, a tall teenage boy stood: his finger over his lips telling him to be quiet.

he handed him a letter and disappeared again.

Clay scrambled to grab the letter not questioning what happened,

Instantly he recognised the handwriting, it was georges.

by the end of the letter clay was crying, george always had a way with words that moved him.

he sniffled and went to the wardrobe, he took one of georges hoodies and took it back to bed. He cuddled into the hoodie as he clutched the letter, tears falling from his face. The letter was sentimental to dream, because deep down he didn't know if he'd ever see george again.

-

"clay?" nick gently knocked on the door, no answer. His heart dropped fearing the worst, he opened the door.

He looked over to the bed, clay was asleep, a letter loosely hanging from his hand whilst his face was nuzzled into georges hoodie, he checked clays pulse, nick let out a sigh of relief upon feeling the beats of his heart.

He carefully took the letter from clays hands and read over it, he knew he probably shouldn't but he thought it was worth checking, just incase.

"holy fuck" his words escaped his lips before he could stop himself

how did clay get a letter from george?

he placed the letter on the floor so clay would awaken thinking he'd dropped it, he left the room swiftly and he left the house.

He shifted into a magpie and flew over the trees searching for where george could be, he said he wasn't far.

That's when he spotted it, a few miles off from their own home. a large wooden mansion, it was well lit up.

He swooped down and looked over the perimeter now hopping along the grass, he shifted again into a fox so he could do so quicker.

He looked into a window, a older man with pink hair was sleeping, he must've been late 20's nick continued to the next window, infact every window until he found george.

There he was, he wasn't asleep. He looked as if he was crying. Nick hit his face against the window, tapping his paw even. George looked up and wiped his eyes.

George walked over to the window and looked at the fox, nick nudged towards the handle to the window signalling for george to open it.

George sighed and turned back around, nick looked around and shifted into his natural form again.

"George" he tapped again. George turned and startled covering his mouth as he rushed over, he opened the window

"Nick what the- you're going to get me in trouble" George muttered through a whisper; "fuck it, atleast i know where you are george. are you okay, have they hurt you?" nick looked over george making sure he wasn't visibly hurt.
"i'm not hurt, i just miss clay and everyone like a lot" george sighed.
"we'll get you out of here, okay?" nick smiled through the window.
"i know you guys will, just be careful okay"
"we will, it's us! of course we'll be careful"
"and nick, i wrote another letter for clay, can you give this to him please?" George passed a letter through the crack of the window, nick smiled
"of course i can george, just keep your head up okay? Clays pretty distraught at the moment, bad won't let us do anything right now he wants to approach it tactically" nick tucked the letter into his pocket.

"tell him i love him nick, incase anything happens to me"
"you'll be okay george, i promise"
"shit someone's comin-" george muttered; nick quickly shifted into a fox again.

"hey george, you seem to be talking.... pretty loud" the monotoned voice said upon opening the door.
"Sorry techno- i just saw a fox"
"A fox? Have you never seen a fox before, grow up george." He shook his head, his eyes diverted from george then back to the fox
"Well-"
"Honestly, i don't care, just shut up i can't sleep with you rambling to that... animal" He shut the door and george heard him trail back through the halls eventually hearing his door close.

george waved goodbye and nick trailed off into the forest into his fox form before eventually turning into a magpie again.

Nick got home, everyone was in the living room "Where on earth have you been!" Bad exclaimed looking at his watch "It's one in the morning!" skeppy added in
"Sorry- i needed to clear my head" nick said planting a kiss on karls head
"right, can you atleast let us know before doing that again" bad crossed his arms

"yeah sure, whatever, clay can i talk to you in your room real quick?" nick said heading to clays room, clay stood without saying a word and followed nick closing the door behind him

"what do you want nick" clay sighed
"I wouldn't have such an attitude towards me considering im the one getting love letters from your boyfriend to give to you"
"you did what-" clay looked up
Nick pulled the letter from his pocket and waved it, clay grabbed him and pulled him into a friendly hug

"thank you so much nick oh my god"
"write one back and i can give it to him some day this week" nick shot him a smile before leaving the room.

Clay rushed to open the letter

Clay
i don't even know how i'm going to
get this to you my love, i suppose i could
ask ranboo again but i don't want to be a bother.
It's my second night here, i've mostly
shut myself in my room, i don't have any
interest in speaking to anybody here.
Niki has tried speaking to me a few times, i've been blunt with her i feel rather bad yet at the same time i just don't have the energy.
Ranboo seems sweet; i just don't know if i can trust anyone
Technoblade and Philza are terrifying. They constantly whisper to eachother and stare at me.
I'm sorry; i'm rambling i know
you don't know who these people are
i cant eat, i cant sleep.
i'm tired clay
i need you :[

i thought of another poem today

'I promise to be there for you always.
Whenever you need a helping hand,
I promise to think about you daily.
Wherever you are in the world'
- Daniela Mia

i miss you clay.

- your georgie :( <3

A/N
haha hey guys :)

seen some fanart of heart strings today it was so cute aaaa

feel free to tag me in any fanart you make, or even link it on my conversation board <3

any theories

how is everyone today?

mwah x