Two- Congratulations

It had been almost two weeks since I recorded and sent in my audition, and I hadn't heard anything back yet, so I wasn't very hopeful that I got the part, but I wasn't upset about it, there will always be other opportunities.

It was Friday during school and the bell for lunch had just rang. I stood up from my desk and left my science lesson for the cafeteria, where I normally met my friends for lunch. I sat down next to Bf/n and adjusted my school skirt to make sure it wasn't too short. "So, Y/n did you hear anything yet?" Bf/n asked, and my other friends at the table listened in, I had told them all a few days ago and they were very supportive, "Not yet... well I haven't actually checked my emails today because I was running late" I admitted as they listened.

"Well what are you playing at? Check them!" Evie, one of my friends spoke loudly, "Yeah c'mon, what are you waiting for?" Another friend called Macie added. I rolled my eyes not hopeful at all that anything would be there, I mean, what are the chances? I took out my phone and switched it on, tapping on my email app, and to my surprise I actually had an email from them. "Wait... I actually have an email from them" I spoke slowly, "No way!" Bf/n shouted, telling ,e to open it. I did what she asked and read the email. 

-
Dear Y/n L/n,
We are writing to you following your recent audition for the role of Eight Hargreeves on The Umbrella Academy season 2. After reviewing you audition tape we have decided that you would be a perfect fit to play Eight and would like to congratulate you on being our number one choice. We look forward to seeing you on set on the 1st of next month to begin shooting season 2, and we will keep in contact with you and your legal guardians in order to arrange transport and accommodation for you once you arrive. See you then!

Many thanks and congratulations 
- Your new friends and employees at Netflix TUA.

-

"I... I got the part... I GOT THE PART!" I yelled the last bit causing some other students in the cafeteria to look at me funny, but I ignored it due to my excitement. My friends all congratulated me before I ran down to the office to tell them I wasn't feeling very well and to have them call my parents to pick me up. When my mum arrived I acted the part of being ill, considering I am a new, up and coming actor, until we got in the car. "Y/n, sweetie, what's going on? You haven't got a temperature and you were completely fine this morning?" She asked me with a confused tone. I couldn't control my excitement anymore and began squealing, "I'm really sorry I faked being ill mum, but I just couldn't wait till the end of the day to tell you the good news, and I didn't want to tell you over the phone!" I said quickly and my mums face turned to one of confusion, "What good news?" she crossed her arms, silently telling me it better be good for skipping school, "You know I auditioned for The Umbrella Academy? I got an email today to say I got casted as the part of Eight Hargreeves!" I showed her the email and she began squealing with me, like a pair of fangirling 13 year olds.

After we calmed down, she drove home where we told the rest of my family the good news. They all congratulated me, and we decided to order pizza as a celebration. After I ate I decided to go up to my bedroom for the night, where I got changed into my pyjamas and got into bed turning on Netflix. If I was going to be on TUA season 2, I need to know as much about season 1 as possible, so I binge watched it all night and through to the next day. I didn't finish it till about mid-day Saturday, and this is what I found out. In the episode where Pogo dies, he tells the Hargreeves siblings that they had another sibling, Number Eight, but she went missing after using her time travelling powers at just 12 years old. The reason they don't remember her is because Reginald Hargreeves, their father, had Allison use her rumour powers to remove Eight from all the children's memories.

I decided to get up and go down stairs after finishing the last episode, where I saw my mum emailing Netflix TUA, sorting out how I'll get to America. "Y/n sweetie, we have sorted that you'll be getting a plane to LA on Wednesday, and getting picked up from their by a crew member, then taken to a five star hotel, sound good?" I nodded my head happily until I realised, "Wednesday? But that's only four days away!" I walked over to my mum, "How on Earth do I pack my things, say goodbye to everyone and mentally prepare myself for the massive change about to happen in my life in just four days!" My anxious side took over me and I began to panic slightly, "Hey, hey, it's all going to be fine, you'll be more than ready by Wednesday, I promise!" I decided my mum was right and let myself breathe.