Eighteen- 4th of July.

Later that evening, myself and Aidan found ourselves back down at the beach. We had found a new ice cream parlour and had an ice cream sampling session that didn't cost much at all, we sat there for about 45 minutes just sampling loads of different flavours, my favourite of the day was {favourite ice cream flavour} whilst Aidan's was mint choc chip. I don't love or hate mint choc chip, I mean it's nice, but wouldn't choose it as my first choice... reminds me of brushing my teeth.

Now, we have found ourselves sat on the beach watching thee sunset. Clearly the beach is one of our favourite places to go together. This time we weren't messing around in the water though, simply sat on the sand, writing our names and creating castles and sculptures in the beige grains, whilst snacking on bits and pieces we purchased from the shops on the way here.

The paparazzi wasn't too bad today though which was always a bonus, a few teenagers with their phones and one or two professional cameras were on us, but that's about it.

"Do you want the last strawberry, or can I have it?" Aidan asked, pointing to the red fruit, "No, go for it" I replied with a smile. He took the berry and placed it in his mouth, taking a bite out of it and then dropping the stem back into the empty punnet.

"I'm glad we finally got to spend more time together outside of work Aidan, I love spending tie with you" For some reason I decided to pour my heart out to the boy I had only known for a few weeks. I had grown to trust Aidan, and feel more than comfortable around him, it's like we've known eachother our whole lives.

"You know... when I lived in England, and went to secondary school, or high school as you'd call it" I said high school with a strong American accent causing us both to chuckle slightly, "Well, when I was going to public school, I had a group of friends who I loved and who loved me back, we trusted eachother and had a blast together all the time, laughing and having fun" 

Aidan watched me as I spoke, "But everything wasn't always perfect" I took my gaze away from him and looked down at the ocean, watching the waves roll onto the sand. Aidan noticed my emotion change and placed his hand on top of mine gently, telling me that he is listening and wont judge me. Feeling comfortable, I carried on, "Even though I had great friends, there are always people in life that bring you down and thrown upon everything you do."

The sound of the waves brushing the shore, the smell of the salty water and the backdrop of a sunset alongside the gentle affection Aidan was giving me made me feel safe, "I've always loved acting, and these certain girls would laugh at me and tease me, telling me acting was an unrealistic life goal and that I should grow up. They told me I wasn't talented enough and would even go as far as to push me or trip me up in the halls because I chose to ignore them and chase my dreams" I looked up at Aidan who's eyebrows were furrowed slightly, listening intently.

"I know it isn't much, and many people go through worse, but to me, the things these girl did and said really upset me, to the point I almost moved on from acting. But, now... now I have you" We smiled at eachother. "I have you and Robert, and David and Elliot and so many people who believe in me and keep pushing me to do my best, and I couldn't be more grateful."

"I guess what I'm trying to say is thankyou. You make me feel safe and proud of what I do. You aren't like other people in my life who shut me down and make me feel insignificant. So, thankyou Aidy." Aidan didn't say anything just looked at me, and removed his hand from mine.

"Aidy?" I asked worried that I had said something wrong. That's when I felt his arms wrap around me pulling me to his chest. I was surprised at first and hesitated, but after a few seconds, I realised what was happening and hugged him back, tightly, closing my eyes.

"I understand completely Y/n. I know how it feels to have those people in your life that shut you down and shit on things that make you happy. Please always remember that there are people who believe in you... I believe in you and trust you. I'll always be here if you need to talk to someone" I buried my head in his neck feeling the safest I ever have in my life.

"Y/n?" I felt his voice vibrate in my ear as my ear was pressed against his neck, "yeah?" He sighed before continuing on. "I don't want you to freak out when I tell you this, and you don't have to respond if you don't want to, because I don't want to make this awkward or make you uncomfortable, okay?" He pulled away as he spoke, and I simply nodded at his words confused.

"I really like you Y/n. We haven't known eachother very long but I feel like I've known you for years and like I can tell you anything, even my deepest, darkest secrets." He looked into my eyes.

"I feel the same Aidan." I simply replied. "Do you maybe... want to start dating? Not be a couple, just date, and if it works out then... possibly become more?" We stared into each others eyes deeply, "Of course you can say no, I mean, don't feel pressured into saying yes" Aidan rambled on fearing he had asked to much, but I simply shut him up with another hug, "I'd love that Aidy"

He sighed in relief. "I'm glad" He smiled again as a flash of light and loud noise went of in the night sky above us. "Fireworks?" I asked confused. "Wow, you really are from England, aren't you?" He chuckled at me. "Yeah... what's that got to do with anything?" I laughed back confused.

"Y/n... what day is it?" He asked me in which I confidently replied, "Tuesday." He laughed more before replying, "No! Well... yes, but its the 4th of July!" He laughed between his words. "Oh! I get it now!" We both finished laughing and lay down on the sand, rather close to eachother watching the sky of flashing colours.

We didn't have 4th of July back in England, but I must admit, it is rather beautiful. I could get used to this.

As we lay watching the show, and I was lost in thought over the 4th of July, I felt something touch my finger, Aidan's hand. I turned to face him and smiled at him as he smiled back, that's when he allowed his fingers to intertwine with mine, gently brushing his thumb against my knuckle, before leaning towards my face, and kissing my cheek, leaving a tint of pink blush behind.

"Happy 4th of July Y/n"