Twenty One- Jealousy

The next morning came pretty fast, and I found myself walking into the familiar hall ways of my secondary school. I didn't have much longer left on school, considering I am nearing the end of year eleven. 

Whilst walking past the lockers and classroom, down to maths, I felt everyone's eyes gazing on me, I should be used to this because of the paparazzi, but these weren't just any old paparazzi, these were British school kids.

I reached my class and pushed the door open with a sigh, the once buzzing classroom went dead as everyone turned silent and starred at me. For a few moments it was awkward until all my friends ran up to me, hugging me.

(I changed the friends names because the old ones were too complex for this kind of story :) )

Mia grabbed my left arm, squealing down my ear as Evie ran straight for my torso, hugging me tightly. The others just stood around us, watching. "Y/n! You're back!" Mia continued squealing, causing me to giggle, "Are you back for good now?"

"Yes I am back, and unfortunately no. I'm back in England for a month, then I'll be going back to Canada to finish shooting the current Umbrella Academy season" I smiled gently knowing this may upset the girl. That's when the person I disliked the most spoke up from the back of the class. The girl who'd been bullying me for the longest time ever.

"Why are we making such a fuss? She's nothing special?" Meghan piped up.

"Not special? She literally in the most popular Netflix show as the leading female of her season. If that's not special, I don't know what is" Ethan pitched in from over the other side of the room. I was never close to Ethan, but we used to talk all the time when I sat directly behind him in combined science last year.

"Welcome back Y/n! Again, we are lucky to have a celebrity in the class room, but we do need to settle down. You came back just in time for percentages!" The teacher laughed at the front of the class, causing us to sit down and pay attention to our lesson. I sat at my usual seat near the middle, left of the room, next to the window.

It was the perfect seat. Not too far forward that the teacher always picks on you, not too far back that you get distracted, not to far in the centre that you're noticed first when the teacher wants a question answered. Not to mention the fact that when its hot in the summer, the window next to me is open, causing a nice breeze, whilst in the winter, its directly adjacent to one of the radiators, keeping me warm. This was defiantly my favourite classroom, just not my favourite lesson.

Whilst I was sat taking notes on percentages, I began to zone out slightly, which was unusual for me. I was thinking of something... someone. I miss him.

I hadn't known Aidan for that long, but more than long enough for him to make a great impact on my life, I mean, I can't imagine what my life would be like if I never got to be close with him, or even met him at all. 

After a while the bell rang and I realised I had been zoned out most of the lesson, good thing I'm not too terrible at percentages, I guess. I got up to leave the class alongside everyone else, and began putting on my bag, but as I slung it over my shoulder, Meghan walked past, pushing it back down again. She merely smirked as I glared at her. 

I've had enough of this, "What's your problem?" I asked, desperate to know what I had actually done for her to pick on me all this time. "What haven't you done? You're perfect Y/n!" My glare dropped to a neutral but confused face as she blurted out her words.

"You've always been the pretty one, the funny one, and now the famous one! You have everything I've always wanted growing up, and now you even date my celebrity crush." I stayed silent listening to her, "I don't hate you Y/n, but I do have a problem with you... I'm jealous, okay?" She sneered at me as she stomped of, pushing some poor year eight out of her way as she went.

Even when I got home that evening, Meghan's words stuck with me, is that how she's actually felt all these years? How did I never notice? I felt bad, but it wasn't my fault, what could I do?

---- 30 minutes later ----

"Maybe I should try being nice to her and see if I can sort things out... be the bigger person, you know?" I spoke to Aidan as I thought back to my conversation with Meghan.

"That's why you're my favourite human being, Y/n, you always do the right thing, even if you don't want to. I know that Meghan girl has said some pretty horrible things to you, so it's good that you can see past that and still want to try and put things right" Aidan smiled at me, causing me to smile back.

"Y/n! Dinner's ready!" I heard my eldest brother Connor shut up the stairs.

"Oh Aidan, I-" He interrupted me, "Need to go for dinner? Yeah, I heard, your brother is a pretty loud shouter" We both chuckled, "I'll speak to you later beautiful" I blushed, "speak to you later" and with that, the call ended.

Beautiful? That was new, did he see me blush? Oh God.