27

The news had was a shock to the Denali coven.

Carlisle had called saying that the Romanians had taken Allison and Demetri had tracked them to Dayton, Washington; also throwing in the bombshell that their wonderful niece was the mate to the three vampire kings.Eleazor, who had been a Volturi guard for three centuries, was glad that the kings finally have their mate. He didn't care for Sulpicia and Athenadora when he was staying in Volterra. He didn't get the chance to ever meet Didyme, but from what he heard, everyone loved her.

Wasting absolutely no time, the Denali coven left their home in Alaska. Taking their vehicles would only mean a lot of stalls that they would have to deal with, same thing with taking a plane, so their best option was running. Vampires do have their limits if their running non-stop, it would be that the next time they feed, it would be close to starvation in a way.

They wasted no time heading to Dayton.

_________SHADOW ROSE___________________________

"Esme, what is this?" Carlisle asked as he came from behind his mate in the living room, noticing a baby bag. He could smell a human, hear a heart beat that was calm.

Esme turned to face him, holding a human baby that was busy taking in her new surroundings. "A baby."

"I know that," Carlisle said. "But why-"

"I came across a home that was attacked by vampires when I was out on a hunt," she told him, ignoring the baby's cooing. "Everyone was dead except for her. We can raise her."

Carlisle looked at the baby girl, the baby gave him a smile that melted his heart. He had gotten a sudden urge to wanting to protect her from everything dangerous in this world; whether it was from humans, vampires, wolfs, falling down the stairs... everything and anything that could do her harm. "What's her name?" he asked as he went closer to his mate and the new addition to the family.

"Allison Charlotte is on her birth certificate," Esme said. Carlisle gave her a look. "I couldn't make out the last name on it.."

Carlisle only gave a nod as he reached for the baby girl, Esme handed her to him. Carlisle smiled at the baby as she smiled at him. "Looks like I'm your new dad."

Esme couldn't help but have a little smile on her face at the memory. The flashback was the bringing her some comfort in this situation. Everyone was getting restless, they wanted to land now, time wasn't on their side.Thankfully, Carlisle was able to get a hold of the Denali coven to meet them in Dayton, though it would take a bit for them to get there themselves; Carlisle tried to call Sam and Jacob and recieved no answer.

"Who is this little darling?" Rosalie asked, taking Allison away from Carlisle, wanting to hold the baby of the family. The rest of the Cullen children/coven had came back from their own hunt, and was curious about the little one.

"This is Allison," Esme said to them, smiling at her family. "I came across her home, everyone was dead inside except for her."

Emmett went to go stand next to his mate then took the baby from her. Allison looked at him with wide eyes. "Hey there, baby sister. I'm big brother, Emmett." He smiled at her. Rosalie gave her mate a dangerous glare for taking the child out of her arms when she only had her for just a second. "That lovely blonde who had you is Rosalie." Then he pointed to Jasper and Alice as if she was paying attention to him. "That's Jasper and Alice." Then he went to Edward. "That's Edward."

Esme felt Edward's eyes on her. She met his eyes, she could see a small smile on his face; of course, he would checking in on her thoughts. She was probably having the only positive thoughts, even though they were flashbacks, out of every vampire in the plane.

When she was a human, she lost her baby a week after he was born, that devastated her deeply. When Carlisle turned her into a vampire, she thought that she may never be able to have children; she may not have them biologically but with the first five, even though they were teenagers at their transformation, she became a mother to them. When she found Allison as a baby, watched her grow up, have and experience milestones like every parent does with their child, it brought her joy to know that she did raise one of her kids from baby to teen.

Once they get Seth and Allison back, she wasn't going to let those two out of her sight for a while.

__________SHADOW ROSE__________________

Finally, some vampire girl brought them some food. Did the food have poison in it? Allison had no idea, but she did notice that the vampire girl had a look of sympathy on her but she wasn't going to trust it.

Seth had gotten a few hours of sleep in, which was good, he needed it. Allison needed sleep to, but she fought it back, she would sleep later if she got the chance. The food looked good, Allison had to admit that. Steak with potatoes and corn. She noticed that the vampire girl had brought them two forks and knives; quickly she took one of the knives and hid it in her pant leg without Seth looking.

Steak with potatoes and corn, she thought to herself. She slid a plate over to Seth with a fork and the other knife. To her, this seemed like something they would give as a 'last-meal'.

She took her plate and stabbed the steak with her fork. Now, it was only a matter of time.