XLIV

I walked out of the convenience store while holding two plastic bags filled with different kinds of snacks and beverages just in case our stomach grumbles and begs for food. It's better to be prepared than to get our night hangout ruined.

I looked up from the ground and saw the car's window rolled down with Tzuyu's hand peeking through as she waved her hand at me. It instantly caused a smile on my face as I jogged towards the other side. I put the plastic bags on the backseat as I entered before buckling my seatbelt.

Once we're away from the store, I took a glance at Sana, and she's too engaged playing with Tzuyu on her lap. I subconsciously put up a small smile as I got mesmerized by her side-profile even though it wasn't my first time seeing it. My heart swelled as I realized I'm dating such a beauty like her. Her ethereal and perfect features are out of this world. I felt honored that this woman is my best friend, and at the same time, my first ever girlfriend.

I shook my head to bring myself back to reality as I turned on the radio and focused on driving. My fingers tapped against the steering wheel as I enjoyed the song currently being played.

After a good forty-five minutes, we arrived, and Tzuyu started screaming in excitement as the wide beach got into her view. "Beach!" She chanted repeatedly, making Sana open the car door and head out quickly.

I made sure that the car's locked before running towards the white sand beach with the blanket and plastic bags. I found a spot as I threw the mat in the air and watched it sprawled out, so I fixed it first before putting the bags down.

I sat and watched Sana and Tzuyu making a sandcastle near the shore, although it's still dark. I smiled before laying flat on the surface, staring at the night sky above me. The stars twinkling and the moon shining brightly, providing light in this dark, cold and windy night. Plus, hearing the waves crashing onto the land gave me peace and unity.

My head is empty as I couldn't think of anything at the moment. I only stared at the sky in a heavily dazed manner that I didn't notice that Sana and Tzuyu came in my direction. Sana removed me from my dreamlike state as she laid beside me and draped her arm on my waist.

"You seemed to be deep in thought." She told me. I met her gaze and planted a kiss on her forehead, pulling her closer with my arm that she's using as a pillow.

"I'm not even thinking about anything. I'm only admiring the view." I flashed her my charming smile before my eyes moved up to the sky. Sana sat up as Tzuyu asked for assistance to open the pack of snacks.

I stood from lying down and held my hand out for Sana to take. "Let's go on a walk." I said, and she gladly took it, making me intertwine my fingers with hers. My sweet action made her smile so big that her cheeks are puffed out, and her eyes hid from my sight. I mirrored her smile as my heart reacted because of her bright smile I would want to see in every day of my life.

We started walking alongside the shore, with Tzuyu walking in front of us while holding a bag of chips. My eyes went down and landed on our intertwined hands. Thousands of butterflies invaded my stomach as everything that is happening felt so surreal.

"I want our wedding place to be on a beach." I blurted out. My eyes widened, shocked by my own words, but I recovered as Sana gave my hand a tight squeeze and a bashful smile.

"Why?" She asked.

"So I could throw you at the waters right after our wedding ceremony ended." I smoothly made an excuse and told her with a serious tone while looking at her dead in the eye. She gasped, stunned and offended by what I said. My lips that previously formed in a thin line got replaced with a cheeky grin. She saw it, causing her to roll her eyes at me.

"I would file a divorce right away too." She jokingly said, which caused us to break into waves of laughter. "Why are you already thinking about a wedding anyway?" She curiously asked with her eyebrows raised.

"I want to distract myself from thinking about you leaving in two days. I don't want to feel sad, so I rather imagine you being the other half of me and being the only woman I could picture my life with." I answered with a bitter smile. "I know we're only in a relationship for a short time, but I couldn't live without you, Sana. You're still my best friend. My damn buddy for life. We've known and stayed at each other's side for years, so I'm pretty sure my days wouldn't be the same when you fly off to Japan."

"I'm sorry. I never thought it would lead to this." I stopped walking when I heard her say that. I cupped her face and forced her to look at me. She held my hands as she looked at me with sadness.

"Don't feel sorry about it because, in the end, you're going to be happy. And if you're scared about the future of our relationship, don't be. Nothing would change, okay? It would forever be you." I said with honesty and genuine intentions. I kissed her and let my lips linger on hers before pulling away.

We continued walking and cracked up when we saw Tzuyu is a far distance away from us. Oh, shit. We might or might not have forgotten about her for a minute. "Baby Tzu!" Sana shouted in her high-pitched voice. Tzuyu turned around and quickly sprinted back to us while she continued to stuff her mouth with food, making me laugh uncontrollably.

My laughter died down when she got in front of us. I carried her as we walked back to our spot and settled down. "Tzu, what do you want to be when you grow up?" Is this fine asking a three-year-old girl?

I think so since she has good comprehension and vocabulary already.

"I want to be pretty like Minjoo, and... and I want to be cool like Yujinie!" She answered before drinking the bottle of water Sana opened for her. "I want to make bread too!" She added. Sana and I glanced at each other meaningfully and smiled.

We waited for the sun to rise above by having a food trip and taking photos as souvenirs for today's unplanned "date" with Sana and Tzuyu, but I have already carved this time of my life on the back of my head. I would never forget this day.

As the sun finally showed up, we stayed for another couple of minutes. Sana rested her head on my shoulder while side hugging me. Our eyes fixed on the picturesque view in the front.

"Thank you, Y/N. Thank you for everything good that you've done to me."

"What about the bad?"

"Don't ruin the moment, you bastard."